Friday, February 20, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019 09:36 PM

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Tough To Digest Not Being A Part Of 'Total Dhamaal': Ashish Chowdhry

    Actor Ashish Chowdhry, who was a part of the first two "Dhamaal" installments, says it is tough to digest not being a part of the third part titled "Total Dhamaal".

    Tough To Digest Not Being A Part Of 'Total Dhamaal': Ashish Chowdhry

    'My Name Is Khan' Changed My Life: Varun Dhawan

    'My Name Is Khan' Changed My Life: Varun Dhawan
    Actor Varun Dhawan says he learnt a lot from the film "My Name Is Khan", which has clocked nine years since its release.

    'My Name Is Khan' Changed My Life: Varun Dhawan

    My Decisions Have Always Been Mine: Gauahar Khan

    My Decisions Have Always Been Mine: Gauahar Khan
    Model-actress Gauahar Khan doesn't let anyone influence her decisions, and says one doesnt need to be apologetic about one's choices.

    My Decisions Have Always Been Mine: Gauahar Khan

    Manoj Joshi As Amit Shah In PM Narendra Modi Biopic. But Internet Wants Kallu Mama

    Manoj Joshi will be playing Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) national President Amit Shah in upcoming biopic "PM Narendra Modi". The veteran actor is elated at the great opportunity coming his way.

    Manoj Joshi As Amit Shah In PM Narendra Modi Biopic. But Internet Wants Kallu Mama

    On Noah And Asher's First Birthday, Sunny Leone's Special Post For Her Sons

    Sunny Leone's twins Noah and Asher are celebrating their first birthday today and the actress shared an adorable video montage to wish her sons on their special day.

    On Noah And Asher's First Birthday, Sunny Leone's Special Post For Her Sons

    PICS: Soundarya Rajinikanth Marries Vishagan In Grand Ceremony

    From Tamil Nadu Chief Minister E. Palaniswami to actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan, it rained VIP guests at the wedding.

    PICS: Soundarya Rajinikanth Marries Vishagan In Grand Ceremony