Saturday, February 21, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019 09:36 PM

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Took Me 6-8 Years To Realise I Was Sexually Harassed By A Director: Swara Bhasker

    According to the local Meteorological Department, the temperature in Srinagar was recorded at -0.7 degrees Celsius on Thursday night. Suraya Begum delivered a girl around 8.30 pm. The baby died soon after birth.  

    Took Me 6-8 Years To Realise I Was Sexually Harassed By A Director: Swara Bhasker

    On Sara Ali Khan's Potential Film With Kartik Aaryan, Imitiaz Ali Says, 'There's Nothing Confirmed'

    There were reports that the film will be on the lines of Love Aaj Kal, featuring Sara Ali Khan and Kartik Aaryan

    On Sara Ali Khan's Potential Film With Kartik Aaryan, Imitiaz Ali Says, 'There's Nothing Confirmed'

    ‘Sleazy Representation Of Wife’s Life Is Unacceptable’ Says Boney Kapoor On ‘Sridevi Bungalow’

    ‘Sleazy Representation Of Wife’s Life Is Unacceptable’ Says Boney Kapoor On ‘Sridevi Bungalow’
    The popular ‘wink girl’, Priya Prakash Varrier, is making her Bollywood debut with ‘Sridevi Bungalow’.

    ‘Sleazy Representation Of Wife’s Life Is Unacceptable’ Says Boney Kapoor On ‘Sridevi Bungalow’

    Political Parties Not Honest, Won't Join Any Of Them: Actor Prakash Raj

    Political Parties Not Honest, Won't Join Any Of Them: Actor Prakash Raj
    Prakash Raj said he had decided to contest the election as an Independent from the Bengaluru-Central constituency as "I cannot stay in any party for more than three months."

    Political Parties Not Honest, Won't Join Any Of Them: Actor Prakash Raj

    Priyanka Chopra Announces Her YouTube Original Show If I Could Tell You Just One Thing

    Priyanka took to Instagram story to share the insights of the show among her fans.

    Priyanka Chopra Announces Her YouTube Original Show If I Could Tell You Just One Thing

    Kartik Aaryan's Response On #MeToo Allegations Against Rajkumar Hirani: 'Can't Comment Till Anything Is Proven Legally'

    Actor Kartik Aaryan refused to share his views about the sexual misconduct allegations against director Rajkumar Hirani, saying he can't comment on it until it is proved legally.

    Kartik Aaryan's Response On #MeToo Allegations Against Rajkumar Hirani: 'Can't Comment Till Anything Is Proven Legally'