Wednesday, May 20, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

Won't Have Been Able To Do ‘Bhavesh...' Without ‘Mirzya' Experience: Harshvardhan

IANS, 02 May, 2018 12:55 PM
    Actor Harshvardhan Kapoor, whose debut film "Mirzya" failed at the box office, says without its experience, he wouldnt have been able to do the forthcoming "Bhavesh Joshi Superhero".
     
     
    Harshvardhan was present at the trailer launch of the superhero film here on Wednesday.
     
     
    Asked how he dealt with the failure of his first film at the box office, he said: "To be honest, I kind of knew somewhere that we were trying to do something new and different.
     
     
    "And whenever you try to do something new and different, you don't always succeed. But I think for me, the success of 'Mirzya' personally was that I got to work with a director (Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra) that I have idolised. I love his movies and his vision was amazing and spectacular. To be a part of that was great."
     
     
    He said he got to learn a lot and improved a lot as an actor.
     
     
    "Had I not done 'Mirzya', without that experience I wouldn't be able to do 'Bhavesh Joshi...'.
     
     
    "I don't think I am the first actor whose film hasn't made money and I am not going to be the last... You just got to keep working," added the son of veteran actor Anil Kapoor.
     
     
     
    "Bhavesh Joshi Superhero" is a superhero movie and Harshvardhan's second project. Aren't there too many expectations at the box office?
     
     
    He said: "It is very difficult to define success and failure. Of course, there is box office which is very important because it is business at the end of the day. 
     
     
    "But your life is your life and you will work on what fits right with you. It is an amazing film. And to be able to be part of a vision so huge at such a young age was really spectacular." 
     
     
    Written and directed by Vikramaditya Motwane, the film also features Nishikant Kamat, Radhika Apte and Priyanshu Painyuli.
     
     
    Presented by Phantom Films, the film will release on May 25.

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    I'm Sorry, Says Aditya Narayan A Day After Accident

    I'm Sorry, Says Aditya Narayan A Day After Accident
    Playback singer and anchor Aditya Narayan on Tuesday expressed regret over an accident involving his car which rammed into an autorickshaw and left two persons injured.

    I'm Sorry, Says Aditya Narayan A Day After Accident

    Bobby Deol Delighted To Share Screen-Space With Akshay Kumar In 'Housefull 4'

    Bobby Deol Delighted To Share Screen-Space With Akshay Kumar In 'Housefull 4'
    Actor Bobby Deol is elated to come on board for the fourth instalment of the "Housefull" franchise due to his "Ajnabee" co-star Akshay Kumar's presence.

    Bobby Deol Delighted To Share Screen-Space With Akshay Kumar In 'Housefull 4'

    Shah Rukh Khan's Wax Statue To Add Stardust To Madame Tussauds Delhi

    Shah Rukh Khan's Wax Statue To Add Stardust To Madame Tussauds Delhi
    ollywood 'badshah' Shah Rukh Khan's wax figure will add to the star power at Madame Tussauds here on March 23.

    Shah Rukh Khan's Wax Statue To Add Stardust To Madame Tussauds Delhi

    PICS: For Richa Chadha And Ali Fazal, A Working Trip For The Oscars Turned Into A 'Mini Vacation'

    PICS: For Richa Chadha And Ali Fazal, A Working Trip For The Oscars Turned Into A 'Mini Vacation'
    Actress Richa Chadha who starred as a chawl's resident femme fatale in "3 Storeys", was seen earlier this month with her boyfriend Ali Fazal at Oscar parties in Los Angeles.

    PICS: For Richa Chadha And Ali Fazal, A Working Trip For The Oscars Turned Into A 'Mini Vacation'

    Not a Full-time Neta Yet, Says Rajinikanth After Kamal Haasan Questions Silence

    Megastar Rajinikanth on Tuesday said he has still not become a full-time politician and his ongoing spiritual trip to the Himalayas was to "realise oneself".

    Not a Full-time Neta Yet, Says Rajinikanth After Kamal Haasan Questions Silence

    WATCH: Kumar Sanu's Son Makes His Singing Debut By Recreating His Father's Hit Track

    WATCH: Kumar Sanu's Son Makes His Singing Debut By Recreating His Father's Hit Track
    Singer Kumar Sanu's son Jaan, who has recreated the veteran singer's hit track "Dil mera churaya kyun", wants to bring back the melody that once ruled Bollywood in new-age songs.

    WATCH: Kumar Sanu's Son Makes His Singing Debut By Recreating His Father's Hit Track