Tuesday, May 19, 2026
ADVT 
Hollywood

Mark Wahlberg Refused To Work With Christopher Plummer Until He Was Paid $1 Mn

Darpan News Desk, 12 Jan, 2018 03:32 PM
  • Mark Wahlberg Refused To Work With Christopher Plummer Until He Was Paid $1 Mn
Actor Mark Wahlberg refused to approve the casting of Christopher Plummer as a replacement for disgraced actor Kevin Spacey in "All the Money in the World" until he was paid over $1 million.
 
Wahlberg's lawyer vetoed Plummer's casting in a letter to the film's financiers, saying the actor would only agree if he were paid the extra money.
 
"What he said was, ‘I will not approve Christopher Plummer unless you pay me'," usatoday.com quoted a source as saying. 
 
Earlier this week, there were reports that Wahlberg made $1.5 million for extensive reshoots on the film, while his co-star Michelle Williams received only $80 a day. 

MORE Hollywood ARTICLES

Zayn Malik Reveals Why He Left One Direction

Former One Direction member Zayn Malik has revealed that he left the band because there was no room for him "to experiment creatively".

Zayn Malik Reveals Why He Left One Direction

Selena Gomez Considers Taylor Swift Family

Singer Selena Gomez considers Taylor Swift "a sister" after a friendship of eight years.

Selena Gomez Considers Taylor Swift Family

Bond flim 'Spectre' was weak story, says Pierce Brosnan

Bond flim 'Spectre' was weak story, says Pierce Brosnan
Actor and former 007 Pierce Brosnan says he is disappointed with the latest Bond film “Spectre.”

Bond flim 'Spectre' was weak story, says Pierce Brosnan

Steven Spielberg To Get Highest US Civilian Honour

It will be presented to the awardees at the White House by the US President Barack Obama on November 24.

Steven Spielberg To Get Highest US Civilian Honour

Salman Khan's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' crosses Rs.200 crore mark

The Sooraj Barjatya directorial family drama has minted Rs.202.39 crore in India and overseas since its release.

Salman Khan's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' crosses Rs.200 crore mark

Julianne Moore to star in 'Wonderstruck'

Julianne Moore to star in 'Wonderstruck'
Actress Julianne Moore will reunite with her “Far From Heaven” director Todd Haynes for upcoming film “Wonderstruck”, an adaptation of an eponymous children’s book by Brian Selznick.

Julianne Moore to star in 'Wonderstruck'