Thursday, May 21, 2026
ADVT 
Hollywood

Mark Wahlberg Refused To Work With Christopher Plummer Until He Was Paid $1 Mn

Darpan News Desk, 12 Jan, 2018 03:32 PM
  • Mark Wahlberg Refused To Work With Christopher Plummer Until He Was Paid $1 Mn
Actor Mark Wahlberg refused to approve the casting of Christopher Plummer as a replacement for disgraced actor Kevin Spacey in "All the Money in the World" until he was paid over $1 million.
 
Wahlberg's lawyer vetoed Plummer's casting in a letter to the film's financiers, saying the actor would only agree if he were paid the extra money.
 
"What he said was, ‘I will not approve Christopher Plummer unless you pay me'," usatoday.com quoted a source as saying. 
 
Earlier this week, there were reports that Wahlberg made $1.5 million for extensive reshoots on the film, while his co-star Michelle Williams received only $80 a day. 

MORE Hollywood ARTICLES

Ronda Rousey Blasts Justin Bieber For Being Rude

Ronda Rousey Blasts Justin Bieber For Being Rude
 Mixed martial artist and actress Ronda Rousey has blasted singer Justin Bieber for being "really rude" to her younger sister Julie.

Ronda Rousey Blasts Justin Bieber For Being Rude

Sandra Bullock's Burial Plan

Academy Award-winning actress Sandra Bullock says when she dies, she wants to be buried dressed in her high school cheerleader uniform.

Sandra Bullock's Burial Plan

Nicole Kidman Planned Daughter's Wedding

Actress Nicole Kidman reportedly helped daughter Isabella Cruise plan her wedding to Max Parker and enjoyed a private celebration with the couple.

Nicole Kidman Planned Daughter's Wedding

'Million Dollar Arm' Maker Plans Biopic On Indian Cricket Star

'Million Dollar Arm' Maker Plans Biopic On Indian Cricket Star
In an interview, the film's producer Mark Ciardi said he is intrigued by more Indian stories.

'Million Dollar Arm' Maker Plans Biopic On Indian Cricket Star

Daniel Craig Says It's Fine If Kanye West Plays James Bond

Daniel Craig Says It's Fine If Kanye West Plays James Bond
Amidst growing speculation about the successor to Daniel Craig in the James Bond franchise, the actor has said that he is fine if rapper-designer Kanye West plays the role of the fictional superspy.

Daniel Craig Says It's Fine If Kanye West Plays James Bond

Tom Hanks Breaks Silence On Son's Drug Addiction

Two-time Oscar winner Tom Hanks has broken his silence on the drug addiction of his son Chet, saying he applauds the way his child shared his issues with the world.

Tom Hanks Breaks Silence On Son's Drug Addiction