Are you bored of eating or serving the mundane corn flakes and milk breakfast? Or do your children run away at the sight of corn flakes? It's time to be innovative!
IANS lists interesting recipes made using Kellog's Corn Flakes, as suggested by five homemakers from across the country:
1. Wholesome and Energizing Breakfast - (Anna Pinto, Delhi)
* Take one bowl of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes
* Add one cup milk and one tsp honey to it
* Now put in one tsp flax seeds, one tbsp raisins and two almonds (soaked and cut).
* Finally, add half cup of mixed chopped seasonal fruits like banana, guava, apple and other fruits to your liking.
* Mix well and relish.
- Chef's note: I have used flax seeds which are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and promote bone strength, reduce risk of colon cancer and relieve gastrointestinal problems. They also stabilize blood sugar levels in diabetic patients, reduce the risk of asthma, arthritis and other heart diseases. This is a wholesome breakfast to start a bright new day,
2. Honey Almond Magic (Parizad Udwadia, Pune)
* In a bowl, pour one glass of cold milk.
* Add Kellogg’s Corn Flakes with Real Almond and Honey to it.
* Take sliced nuts (cashews and walnuts) and raisins and add them to the bowl.
* Finally, drizzle some Maple Syrup and enjoy.
- Chef's note: My kids are always in a rush in the morning hours to catch their school bus. Morning hours are obviously not the perfect time to bargain about what healthy food they’d like to have. This breakfast recipe is the perfect start to the day and is done without too much of fuss.
3. Mommy late for Work Corn Flakes (Krishna Iyer, Mumbai)
* Take a bowl full of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes with Real Honey or Kellogg’s Corn Flakes Original and the Best
* Add a glass of cold milk to it
* Top it up with beautiful plump raisins, dried coconut strips, dried pumpkin seeds and banana slices.
- Chef's Note: It’s not only delicious but is also super healthy! Earlier I used to skip breakfast often as I would invariably get late for work and then end up eating junk before lunchtime at work, but ever since I've got this combination going not even once have I skipped my breakfast as it takes only a couple of minutes to prepare it.
4. Good morning Corn Flakes (Anurita Anil, Mumbai)
* In a bowl, take cold chocolate milk (you can also take plain milk and add chocolate-flavoured protein powder)
* Add crushed almonds, chopped banana and grated apple to it.
* Mix in Kellogg’s Corn Flakes
* Top it up with flax seeds and enjoy your healthy breakfast bowl.
- Chef's Note: I make it for my family and especially for my daughter who just loves Kellogg’s Corn Flakes. Corn flakes with fruits, protein powder and flax seeds give all the nutrients required by the human body, irrespective of the age.
5. Cranberry Nutty Crunch (Shruti V, Bangalore)
* Take one bowl of Kellogg’s Honey Crunch
* Add one tbsp cranberries, four almonds, two walnuts and two dates (all chopped)
* Pour in a small quantity of milk and mix all ingredients and enjoy the crunchy breakfast.
- Chef's note: I make it for my husband as he is extremely fond of food with variety. I just experimented with it and surprisingly he not only liked it but has also made it his regular breakfast.