The Stuffed Monaco Biscuit Sev Puri is quite innovative, and involves sandwiching the biscuits with a peppy potato mixture and coating it in crunchy sev.
This salted biscuit sev puri with a twist can be served as a starter at parties. When making the stuffing make sure you mash and mix it well with your hands, to ensure proper application on the biscuit. Also serve the snack immediately after preparation or it will get soggy.
Time: 15 minutes Makes: 22
For stuffed Monaco biscuit sev puri:
• 44 Monaco biscuits
• ½ cup sev for rolling
• ¾ cup boiled and mashed potatoes
• ¼ cup finely chopped onions
• 1 tbsp finely chopped tomatoes
• 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
• 1 tbsp sweet chutney
• 1½ tsp green chutney
• 1 tsp garlic chutney
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• ½ tsp chaat masala
• Salt to taste
• Place a Monaco biscuit on a clean dry surface, spread one teaspoon of stuffing on it, place another biscuit on the stuffing and press it lightly.
• Roll the prepared stuffed biscuit in sev and coat it evenly from all the sides.
• Repeat step 1 and 2 to make 21 more stuffed sev puris. Serve immediately. Images contributed by Tarla Dalal Team