A great savory food for training rides
A great savoury food for training rides, with bread. You can make these by the truckload, individually wrap them, and store them in the freezer.
Time: 10 minutes prep, bake 20–30 minutes
Per serving (1 cake): Energy 141 cal • Fat 6 g
• Sodium 307 mg • Carbs 11 g • Fiber 1 g • Protein 9 g
• 4 cups of your favourite
bread, cut into cubes
• 2 cups milk
• 4 eggs, lightly beaten
• ½ cup grated cheese (such as parmesan, mozzarella or cheddar)
• ½ cup bacon or other cooked meat, chopped into small pieces
• Brown sugar
• Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
• Put the bread cubes in a large bowl. In a saucepan, bring the milk to a simmer. Pour the hot milk over the bread cubes and mix. Let rest for just a minute until the bread is soaked. (Gluten-free breads will take a bit longer to absorb the liquid.)
• Add eggs, cheese and bacon, and stir to combine. Pour into a loaf pan and bake until firm, about 20 minutes.
• Sprinkle some brown sugar and salt on top, and let cool before wrapping.
PHOTOS: Republished with permission of VeloPress from The Feed Zone Cookbook by chef Biju Thomas and Dr. Allen Lim. See more at feedzonecookbook.com or skratchlabs.com; Courtesy VeloPress