This light and summery salad is incredibly easy to make.
This light and summery salad is incredibly easy to make. Either use chicken that you have cooked and ready or stop by the market for a rotisserie chicken. Let the chicken soak in the dressing while you put together the other ingredients so it can take on that sweet honey flavour that makes this salad so nice.
Time: 10 minutes prep
Per serving: Energy 304 cal • Fat 13 g
• Sodium 403 mg • Carbs 25 g • Fiber 3 g
• Protein 13 g
For the salad:
• 1 cup cooked and shredded chicken
• 2 cups loosely packed butter leaf lettuce, pulled into small pieces
• ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
• ½ cup thinly sliced strawberries
• Grated parmesan
For the dressing:
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 2 tbsps honey or agave nectar
• 1 tbsp white or apple cider vinegar
• 1 tbsp light olive oil
• A bit of fresh thyme
• To make the dressing: In a bowl, combine the lemon juice, honey, and vinegar. While whisking, drizzle in oil; add salt and pepper to taste. Fresh thyme is a great finishing touch. Place the shredded chicken in the dressing while you prepare the salad, about five minutes.
• Combine the lettuce, red onion, and strawberries in a medium-size serving bowl or individual plates. Place the chicken on top of the salad and drizzle with remaining dressing.
• Add grated parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.
PHOTOS: Republished with permission of VeloPress from The Feed Zone Cookbook by chef Biju Thomas and Dr. Allen Lim. See more at feedzonecookbook.com or skratchlabs.com; Courtesy VeloPress
Join DARPAN Magazine community on socialmedia!