Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
India

Bihar minister receives threat calls from Lawrence Bishnoi

Darpan News Desk IANS, 14 Jan, 2025 12:26 PM
  • Bihar minister receives threat calls from Lawrence Bishnoi

Patna, Jan 14 (IANS) Bihar's Labour Resources Minister, Santosh Kumar Singh, has received a life-threatening message and WhatsApp call demanding an extortion amount of Rs 30 lakh.

According to the minister's statement, the caller made a clear threat, stating, "Give the money or else you will be killed anywhere." Singh mentioned that initially, he received a call via WhatsApp, but when he did not pick up, a message followed. In the message, the caller identified a specific gang (Lawrence Bishnoi) and demanded a ransom.

The Kotwali Police Station has responded to the incident and is investigating the matter. Police officials have visited the minister's residence and are working on gathering evidence to identify and apprehend the perpetrators of the extortion attempt. This incident has raised concerns regarding the safety and security of public figures in Bihar, and the authorities have been put on high alert following the threat.

The threat message received by Bihar's Labour Resources Minister Santosh Kumar Singh included a chilling warning: “If you want to save your life, send Rs 30 lakh. Just like Baba Siddiqui was murdered, you will get the same treatment if you do not respond according to me. Your car number is known. We will follow you and eliminate you.”

The message further fuelled concerns about the minister's safety. Kotwali Police Station in-charge Rajan Kumar has initiated an investigation into the threat, and DSP Krishna Murari Prasad confirmed that the incident is being looked into.

“After receiving the call and a life-threatening message, we are gathering details. The complainant has filed an application at Kotwali police station and we are investigating the matter. The caller will be traced soon,” Prasad said. This extortion threat follows a similar pattern to recent threats in Bihar, including the one faced by Purnea MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav, who was also targeted by a gang.

The police have stepped up their investigation and security measures in response to this alarming trend targeting prominent individuals in the state.

 

MORE India ARTICLES

Govt blocks 100 websites involved in job scams, illegal investments

Govt blocks 100 websites involved in job scams, illegal investments
The government in a statement on Wednesday said that the Indian Cybercrime Coordination Centre (I4C), an initiative of the Ministry of Home Affairs, through its vertical NCTAU had last week identified and recommended over 100 websites involved in organised investment or task-based part-time job frauds. "Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), invoking its power under the Information Technology Act, 2000, has blocked these websites," the government said.

Govt blocks 100 websites involved in job scams, illegal investments

Over 400 arrested for touting at Delhi's IGI airport this year

Over 400 arrested for touting at Delhi's IGI airport this year
Over 400 individuals have been arrested this year for touting at Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport, more than double compared to last year, a Delhi Police official said. Persistent issues of inconvenience and harassment to passengers have prompted authorities to take decisive action against unauthorised solicitation, the official added.

Over 400 arrested for touting at Delhi's IGI airport this year

Multi-crore rupees scam: Punjab cops nab fugitive Mumbai fraudster's dad from Gujarat

Multi-crore rupees scam: Punjab cops nab fugitive Mumbai fraudster's dad from Gujarat
According to Sohana Police (formerly, Mohali) official Mukesh Sinha, the accused Shailesh Mehta, 71, was nabbed from his purported hideout at an old-age home in Ahmedabad following a FIR registered after a complaint lodged by Punjab businessman Viresh Singhal.

Multi-crore rupees scam: Punjab cops nab fugitive Mumbai fraudster's dad from Gujarat

Amit Shah to inaugurate steel plant in Maoist-infested Gadchiroli on Dec 9

Amit Shah to inaugurate steel plant in Maoist-infested Gadchiroli on Dec 9
Reaching here late on Friday, Shah will fly down to Gadchiroli the next morning to inaugurate a direct reduced iron plan of Lloyds Metals & Energy Ltd, which will be the first big project coming up in the Maoist hinterland. He is also likely to perform the ground-breaking ceremony of other LMEL projects as part of the company’s Rs 20,000-crore integrated steel manufacturing unit in Kondseri on a 1000-acre complex.

Amit Shah to inaugurate steel plant in Maoist-infested Gadchiroli on Dec 9

India-Germany military cooperation meeting held in New Delhi

India-Germany military cooperation meeting held in New Delhi
The Ministry said that the meeting was co-chaired from the Indian side by Brigadier Vivek Narang, Deputy Assistant Chief of Integrated Staff IDC (A), HQ IDS, and Col (GS) Christian Schmidt, Director, Department International Cooperation Armed Forces Office from the German side. The meeting was conducted in a friendly, warm, and cordial atmosphere.  

India-Germany military cooperation meeting held in New Delhi

Raghav Chadha highlights 25 'unfulfilled promises' of BJP in RS

Raghav Chadha highlights 25 'unfulfilled promises' of BJP in RS
Drawing attention to the BJP's pledge to forge a "New India" by "Amrit Kaal 2022", Chadha underscored the imminent arrival of 2024 and urged the government to make strides in fulfilling its commitments. He highlighted 25 promises made by the BJP that remain unfulfilled till date.

Raghav Chadha highlights 25 'unfulfilled promises' of BJP in RS