Thursday, February 19, 2026
ADVT 
India

Bihar minister receives threat calls from Lawrence Bishnoi

Darpan News Desk IANS, 14 Jan, 2025 12:26 PM
  • Bihar minister receives threat calls from Lawrence Bishnoi

Patna, Jan 14 (IANS) Bihar's Labour Resources Minister, Santosh Kumar Singh, has received a life-threatening message and WhatsApp call demanding an extortion amount of Rs 30 lakh.

According to the minister's statement, the caller made a clear threat, stating, "Give the money or else you will be killed anywhere." Singh mentioned that initially, he received a call via WhatsApp, but when he did not pick up, a message followed. In the message, the caller identified a specific gang (Lawrence Bishnoi) and demanded a ransom.

The Kotwali Police Station has responded to the incident and is investigating the matter. Police officials have visited the minister's residence and are working on gathering evidence to identify and apprehend the perpetrators of the extortion attempt. This incident has raised concerns regarding the safety and security of public figures in Bihar, and the authorities have been put on high alert following the threat.

The threat message received by Bihar's Labour Resources Minister Santosh Kumar Singh included a chilling warning: “If you want to save your life, send Rs 30 lakh. Just like Baba Siddiqui was murdered, you will get the same treatment if you do not respond according to me. Your car number is known. We will follow you and eliminate you.”

The message further fuelled concerns about the minister's safety. Kotwali Police Station in-charge Rajan Kumar has initiated an investigation into the threat, and DSP Krishna Murari Prasad confirmed that the incident is being looked into.

“After receiving the call and a life-threatening message, we are gathering details. The complainant has filed an application at Kotwali police station and we are investigating the matter. The caller will be traced soon,” Prasad said. This extortion threat follows a similar pattern to recent threats in Bihar, including the one faced by Purnea MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav, who was also targeted by a gang.

The police have stepped up their investigation and security measures in response to this alarming trend targeting prominent individuals in the state.

 

MORE India ARTICLES

Save future of students facing deportation from Canada: Harsimrat Kaur Badal

Save future of students facing deportation from Canada: Harsimrat Kaur Badal
While 700 students had faced action on the same ground earlier, now it had come to light that 200 more students had been served deportation orders by the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) after it was revealed that they had been given fake admission letters by an authorised agent -- Education Migration Services in Jalandhar.

Save future of students facing deportation from Canada: Harsimrat Kaur Badal

Need for sustainable environment for future generations: Punjab CM

Need for sustainable environment for future generations: Punjab CM
Chairing a state-level function to mark World Environment Day, he expressed concern over the depleting ground water table and polluting environment in the state. He said immediate remedial steps are required to save the only precious and scarce natural resource of Punjab in terms of water along with checking the environmental pollution.

Need for sustainable environment for future generations: Punjab CM

Signs of 'deliberate interference' in electronic interlocking system led to CBI probe recommendation

Signs of 'deliberate interference' in electronic interlocking system led to CBI probe recommendation
Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw had on Sunday said that the Railway Board has recommended a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into Friday's horrifying accident which left 275 people dead and over 800 injured. He also said that the accident happened due to a change in electronic interlocking.

Signs of 'deliberate interference' in electronic interlocking system led to CBI probe recommendation

Seven more Punjabi women rescued from Oman

Seven more Punjabi women rescued from Oman
The total number of rescued women in two weeks rose to 24 under the initiative Mission Hope run by Punjab AAP Rajya Sabha member, Vikram Sahney. Sahney informed that the women who came on Saturday are from Jalandhar, Shahkot, Phillaur, Jagraon, Patti, Tarn Taran, Nakodar and Bathinda.

Seven more Punjabi women rescued from Oman

PM Modi to flag off Goa's first Vande Bharat train on Saturday

PM Modi to flag off Goa's first Vande Bharat train on Saturday
The train is expected to improve the connectivity on the Mumbai-Goa route and provide people of the region with the means to travel with speed and comfort. It will be the 19th Vande Bharat train to run in the country.

PM Modi to flag off Goa's first Vande Bharat train on Saturday

Haryana has no right on river water from Himachal: Sukhbir Badal

Haryana has no right on river water from Himachal: Sukhbir Badal
Ahead of the meeting of the Haryana and Himachal Pradesh Chief Ministers on the issue of water sharing next week, Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) President Sukhbir Badal on Friday said Haryana did not have any right on water from the Ravi-Beas river basin in Himachal Pradesh, being a non-riparian state. 

Haryana has no right on river water from Himachal: Sukhbir Badal