Sunday, February 15, 2026
ADVT 
India

Bihar minister receives threat calls from Lawrence Bishnoi

Darpan News Desk IANS, 14 Jan, 2025 12:26 PM
  • Bihar minister receives threat calls from Lawrence Bishnoi

Patna, Jan 14 (IANS) Bihar's Labour Resources Minister, Santosh Kumar Singh, has received a life-threatening message and WhatsApp call demanding an extortion amount of Rs 30 lakh.

According to the minister's statement, the caller made a clear threat, stating, "Give the money or else you will be killed anywhere." Singh mentioned that initially, he received a call via WhatsApp, but when he did not pick up, a message followed. In the message, the caller identified a specific gang (Lawrence Bishnoi) and demanded a ransom.

The Kotwali Police Station has responded to the incident and is investigating the matter. Police officials have visited the minister's residence and are working on gathering evidence to identify and apprehend the perpetrators of the extortion attempt. This incident has raised concerns regarding the safety and security of public figures in Bihar, and the authorities have been put on high alert following the threat.

The threat message received by Bihar's Labour Resources Minister Santosh Kumar Singh included a chilling warning: “If you want to save your life, send Rs 30 lakh. Just like Baba Siddiqui was murdered, you will get the same treatment if you do not respond according to me. Your car number is known. We will follow you and eliminate you.”

The message further fuelled concerns about the minister's safety. Kotwali Police Station in-charge Rajan Kumar has initiated an investigation into the threat, and DSP Krishna Murari Prasad confirmed that the incident is being looked into.

“After receiving the call and a life-threatening message, we are gathering details. The complainant has filed an application at Kotwali police station and we are investigating the matter. The caller will be traced soon,” Prasad said. This extortion threat follows a similar pattern to recent threats in Bihar, including the one faced by Purnea MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav, who was also targeted by a gang.

The police have stepped up their investigation and security measures in response to this alarming trend targeting prominent individuals in the state.

 

MORE India ARTICLES

Earthquake of 4.2 magnitude jolts Kashmir

Earthquake of 4.2 magnitude jolts Kashmir
An earthquake measuring 4.2 on the Richter Scale occurred in Jammu and Kashmir on Friday. Data released by the National Center for Seismology (NCS) said that an earthquake measuring 4.2 on the Richter scale occurred in J&K at 12.26 p.m.

Earthquake of 4.2 magnitude jolts Kashmir

ISIS terror plot: NIA files charge sheet in Mumbai court; names 2, including Libyan man IANS

ISIS terror plot: NIA files charge sheet in Mumbai court; names 2, including Libyan man IANS
The NIA has named M. Zoheb Khan of Maharashtra, who was arrested earlier this year (February 2024) and the Libyan M. Shoeb Khan, as the key conspirators in the terror plot linked with a module in Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar to the ISIS’ global networks.

ISIS terror plot: NIA files charge sheet in Mumbai court; names 2, including Libyan man IANS

Delhi CM Kejriwal's judicial custody in CBI case extended till July 25

Delhi CM Kejriwal's judicial custody in CBI case extended till July 25
Hours after the Supreme Court ordered Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal to be released on interim bail in the ED's money laundering case, a court here on Friday extended, till July 25, his judicial custody in the corruption case lodged by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in the alleged liquor policy scam. Special Judge Kaveri Baweja of the Rouse Avenue Court passed the order upon the expiry of the previously granted judicial custody.

Delhi CM Kejriwal's judicial custody in CBI case extended till July 25

Centre declares June 25 as 'Samvidhaan Hatya Diwas', PM Modi welcomes move

Centre declares June 25 as 'Samvidhaan Hatya Diwas', PM Modi welcomes move
June 25, the day when the Emergency was imposed on the nation by Late Prime Minister Indira Gandhi's regime in 1975, will now be observed as the 'Samvidhaan Hatya Diwas', every year, Union Home Minister Amit Shah said on Friday. Home Minister Shah made the announcement on social media platform X and also shared a gazette notification.

Centre declares June 25 as 'Samvidhaan Hatya Diwas', PM Modi welcomes move

Don’t be nasty to Smriti Irani, LoP Rahul says on X; BJP calls it ‘most disingenuous’

Don’t be nasty to Smriti Irani, LoP Rahul says on X; BJP calls it ‘most disingenuous’
The Leader of Opposition (LoP) in the Lok Sabha, Rahul Gandhi on Friday used his social media account to appeal in favour of BJP leader and former Union Minister Smriti Irani. Taking to X, Congress MP Rahul Gandhi urged trolls to refrain from spewing demeaning and derogatory remarks against her.

Don’t be nasty to Smriti Irani, LoP Rahul says on X; BJP calls it ‘most disingenuous’

Indian Railways adds 92 general coaches in 46 trains to ‘benefit’ common man

Indian Railways adds 92 general coaches in 46 trains to ‘benefit’ common man
The trains in which coaches have been added include Bengaluru City Belagavi Superfast Express, Chennai Central Hubli Superfast Express, Mumbai Bengaluru Udayan Express, Mumbai Amravati Superfast Express Guwahati Lokmanya Tilak Express, Guwahati Jammu Tawi Express, Further, 22 other trains have also been identified and a plan has been made to install additional general class coaches in them soon, the Ministry said.

Indian Railways adds 92 general coaches in 46 trains to ‘benefit’ common man