Saturday, February 21, 2026
ADVT 
India

Centre aims to supply solar power to 1 crore households by 2027

Darpan News Desk IANS, 05 Dec, 2024 12:03 PM
  • Centre aims to supply solar power to 1 crore households by 2027

New Delhi, Dec 5 (IANS) The PM Surya Ghar Muft Bijli Yojana aims to supply solar power to one crore households by March 2027, the government reiterated on Thursday.

The scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi with the aim of achieving 1 crore rooftop solar installations in the residential sector by Fiscal Year 2027 with an allocated budget of Rs 75,021 crore.

By March 2025, installations under the scheme are expected to exceed 10 lakh, with the numbers doubling to 20 lakh by October 2025, reaching 40 lakh by March 2026, and ultimately achieving the target of one crore by March 2027.

Launched by PM Modi on February 15, 2024, the groundbreaking initiative aims to provide free electricity to households by facilitating the installation of rooftop solar panels, said the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.

The scheme offers a subsidy of up to 40 per cent to households, making renewable energy more affordable and accessible.

In just nine months, 6.3 lakh installations have been completed, resulting in an impressive monthly installation rate of 70,000, 10 times higher than the pre-scheme average, according to the ministry.

With a goal to benefit one crore households, the programme is also expected to save the government Rs 75,000 crore annually in electricity costs.

"This transformative initiative empowers millions to adopt clean energy, reinforcing India's commitment to sustainable development and energy innovation," said the Ministry.

Earlier, the government said that around 1.45 crore registrations have been done and 6.34 lakh installations were completed under the PM Surya Ghar Muft Bijli Yojana.

The National Portal reported a total of 1.45 crore registrations, 26.38 lakh applications, and 6.34 lakh rooftop solar installations, Union Minister of State (MoS) for New and Renewable Energy and Power, Shripad Naik, said in a written reply to the Rajya Sabha.

The subsidy has been issued to 3.66 lakh applicants, and it is regularly released within 15 to 21 days, according to the Minister.

MORE India ARTICLES

India has become the most powerful country in the world: Rajnath Singh

India has become the most powerful country in the world: Rajnath Singh
"We will soon stop buying arms and ammunition from other countries, as everything will be manufactured in India" said the Defence Minister Rajnath Singh. 

India has become the most powerful country in the world: Rajnath Singh

Woman running sextortion racket held in Delhi

Woman running sextortion racket held in Delhi
A woman, who used to get false gang-rape FIRs lodged against people to extort money and had been running a sextortion gang, was arrested in Delhi's Dwarka area, police said on Monday.  So far four such cases against various persons in Delhi and Haryana have surfaced.

Woman running sextortion racket held in Delhi

Punjab court stays release of Moosewala's song 'Jaandi Vaar'

Punjab court stays release of Moosewala's song 'Jaandi Vaar'
The order came after arguments at length before the district court of Mansa on the plea of the parents of Moosewala, who were successful in securing an ex-parte ad-interim order against Salim Sadruddin Moledina Merchant and Sulaiman Sadruddin Moledina Merchant, popularly known as Salim-Sulaiman.

Punjab court stays release of Moosewala's song 'Jaandi Vaar'

Release Rs 300 cr package for dairy farmers, Sukhbir to Punjab govt

Release Rs 300 cr package for dairy farmers, Sukhbir to Punjab govt
Asserting that the dairy sector had been strengthened in Punjab over the last few decades with the aim of increasing farm income through allied activities, Badal said then Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal even entrusted this responsibility to the state farmers' commission formed by him.

Release Rs 300 cr package for dairy farmers, Sukhbir to Punjab govt

CBI to examine Manish Sisodia's bank locker on Aug 30

CBI to examine Manish Sisodia's bank locker on Aug 30
The allegations against Sisodia is that liquor businessmen were allegedly given exemption of Rs 30 crore. The licence holders were allegedly given extension according to their own will. The policy rules were made by violating excise rules.

CBI to examine Manish Sisodia's bank locker on Aug 30

Post twin towers demolition, 45 lakh litres water used to remove dust

Post twin towers demolition, 45 lakh litres water used to remove dust
According to the information received from the authority, the capacity of a tanker is about 10,000 litres. In such a situation, 45 lakh litres of water has been used so far. Work is still going on at many places. As thick layer of dust had accumulated all around, especially in the surrounding green belt, work for removing it from the trees and roads is in full swing. 

Post twin towers demolition, 45 lakh litres water used to remove dust