Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
India

Countries and organisations unite in condemning ghastly Pahalgam terror attack

Darpan News Desk IANS, 23 Apr, 2025 11:35 AM
  • Countries and organisations unite in condemning ghastly Pahalgam terror attack

New Delhi, April 23 (IANS) Several Muslim nations and organisations continue to condemn and reject terrorism in all its forms and manifestations in the aftermath of the horrific terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir's Pahalgam.

 

Based in Saudi Arabia, the Muslim World League (MWL) extended its condolences to the families of the victims of the heinous crime and wished a swift recovery for the injured.

The MWL Secretary General, Mohammed bin Abdulkarim Al-Issa, had called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Jeddah during his visit to Saudi Arabia on Tuesday and strongly condemned the ghastly terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir and offered deepest condolences on the innocent lives lost.

The Foreign Ministry of Saudi Arabia also condemned the attack in the strongest terms.

"The Kingdom affirms its firm stance in rejecting all forms of violence, extremism, and targetting of civilians. The Kingdom also extends its sincere condolences and sympathy to the families of the victims, and the government and people of India," the ministry said in a statement.

Jordan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates affirmed the Kingdom's full support and solidarity with the "friendly nation" of India.

The Ministry's official spokesperson, Ambassador Sufyan Al-Qudah said that the Kingdom rejects all forms of violence and terrorism that seek to destabilise security and stability.

The Taliban regime in Afghanistan also issued a strong statement on the terror attack, stating that such incidents affect regional security and stability.

"The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan categorically condemns the recent attack on tourists in the Pahalgam region of Jammu and Kashmir, and expresses our condolences to the bereaved families. Such incidents undermine efforts to ensure regional security and stability,” the Ministry’s spokesperson remarked.

Strongly condemning the terrorist attack, Iran's Foreign Minister Seyed Abbas Araghchi extended condolences to the people and government of India

"Iran strongly and unequivocally condemns the terrorist attack against tourists in Pahalgam. Our thoughts and prayers are with the innocent victims and their families. We extend our heartfelt condolences to the people and government of India," he posted on X

The President of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon, also sent a telegram of condolences to President Draupadi Murmu and Prime Minister Modi, in connection with the terrible terrorist act that occurred in Jammu and Kashmir.

"The tragic news of the loss of life and injury to a large number of people in the terrorist attack in the Jammu and Kashmir region has caused us immense sorrow and deep concern. We strongly condemn this cruel act of criminal forces and reiterate Tajikistan's readiness to strengthen the relentless and collective fight against all manifestations of terrorism and extremism. I express my sincere condolences to you, the families and loved ones of the victims of this terrorist act, and to all the people of friendly India. I wish a full recovery to all those injured," said Rahmon.

MORE India ARTICLES

CM's post in buzzing capital like Delhi not ceremonial, office holder has to be available 24x7: Delhi HC

CM's post in buzzing capital like Delhi not ceremonial, office holder has to be available 24x7: Delhi HC
Following a sharp rebuke to incarcerated Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and his government, along with the AAP-led MCD last week, the Delhi High Court on Monday said that Delhi Government has come to a standstill after the AAP supremo's arrest.

CM's post in buzzing capital like Delhi not ceremonial, office holder has to be available 24x7: Delhi HC

'Why did you not file an application for bail?': SC poser to CM Kejriwal

'Why did you not file an application for bail?': SC poser to CM Kejriwal
The Supreme Court on Monday questioned incarcerated Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, who has filed a petition challenging his arrest and subsequent custody by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) in the excise policy case, as to why he has not moved a bail application before the trial court.

'Why did you not file an application for bail?': SC poser to CM Kejriwal

Congress shared Amit Shah's fake video to disrupt elections: BJP delegation to EC

Congress shared Amit Shah's fake video to disrupt elections: BJP delegation to EC
New Delhi, April 29 (IANS) A delegation led by Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw on Monday approached the Election Commission of India (ECI) and filed a complaint against the Congress demanding stringent action over a doctored video involving Union Home Minister Amit Shah.

Congress shared Amit Shah's fake video to disrupt elections: BJP delegation to EC

Day not far when you will travel in bullet train, PM Modi tells Puneites

Day not far when you will travel in bullet train, PM Modi tells Puneites
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday assured Punekars that it is his guarantee to the citizens of Maharashtra that the day is not far when they will travel in a bullet train.

Day not far when you will travel in bullet train, PM Modi tells Puneites

PM Modi ups ante against Congress, says Rajiv Gandhi abolished inheritance law to 'save own interests'

PM Modi ups ante against Congress, says Rajiv Gandhi abolished inheritance law to 'save own interests'
New Delhi, April 25 (IANS) Upping the ante against the Congress on the 'inheritance tax' issue, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday launched another scathing attack on the grand old party, saying it was former PM Rajiv Gandhi who abolished the inheritance law "to save their own interests" after the demise of his mother Indira Gandhi.

PM Modi ups ante against Congress, says Rajiv Gandhi abolished inheritance law to 'save own interests'

SC to pronounce its verdict on pleas seeking mandatory EVM-VVPAT tally on Friday

SC to pronounce its verdict on pleas seeking mandatory EVM-VVPAT tally on Friday
New Delhi, April 25 (IANS) The Supreme Court will, on Friday, pronounce its judgment on a batch of petitions seeking mandatory cross-verification of the votes cast in Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) with Voter-Verifiable Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) slips.

SC to pronounce its verdict on pleas seeking mandatory EVM-VVPAT tally on Friday