Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
India

Countries and organisations unite in condemning ghastly Pahalgam terror attack

Darpan News Desk IANS, 23 Apr, 2025 11:35 AM
  • Countries and organisations unite in condemning ghastly Pahalgam terror attack

New Delhi, April 23 (IANS) Several Muslim nations and organisations continue to condemn and reject terrorism in all its forms and manifestations in the aftermath of the horrific terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir's Pahalgam.

 

Based in Saudi Arabia, the Muslim World League (MWL) extended its condolences to the families of the victims of the heinous crime and wished a swift recovery for the injured.

The MWL Secretary General, Mohammed bin Abdulkarim Al-Issa, had called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Jeddah during his visit to Saudi Arabia on Tuesday and strongly condemned the ghastly terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir and offered deepest condolences on the innocent lives lost.

The Foreign Ministry of Saudi Arabia also condemned the attack in the strongest terms.

"The Kingdom affirms its firm stance in rejecting all forms of violence, extremism, and targetting of civilians. The Kingdom also extends its sincere condolences and sympathy to the families of the victims, and the government and people of India," the ministry said in a statement.

Jordan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates affirmed the Kingdom's full support and solidarity with the "friendly nation" of India.

The Ministry's official spokesperson, Ambassador Sufyan Al-Qudah said that the Kingdom rejects all forms of violence and terrorism that seek to destabilise security and stability.

The Taliban regime in Afghanistan also issued a strong statement on the terror attack, stating that such incidents affect regional security and stability.

"The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan categorically condemns the recent attack on tourists in the Pahalgam region of Jammu and Kashmir, and expresses our condolences to the bereaved families. Such incidents undermine efforts to ensure regional security and stability,” the Ministry’s spokesperson remarked.

Strongly condemning the terrorist attack, Iran's Foreign Minister Seyed Abbas Araghchi extended condolences to the people and government of India

"Iran strongly and unequivocally condemns the terrorist attack against tourists in Pahalgam. Our thoughts and prayers are with the innocent victims and their families. We extend our heartfelt condolences to the people and government of India," he posted on X

The President of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon, also sent a telegram of condolences to President Draupadi Murmu and Prime Minister Modi, in connection with the terrible terrorist act that occurred in Jammu and Kashmir.

"The tragic news of the loss of life and injury to a large number of people in the terrorist attack in the Jammu and Kashmir region has caused us immense sorrow and deep concern. We strongly condemn this cruel act of criminal forces and reiterate Tajikistan's readiness to strengthen the relentless and collective fight against all manifestations of terrorism and extremism. I express my sincere condolences to you, the families and loved ones of the victims of this terrorist act, and to all the people of friendly India. I wish a full recovery to all those injured," said Rahmon.

MORE India ARTICLES

Gurugram hotel murder: Woman arrested for helping prime accused

Gurugram hotel murder: Woman arrested for helping prime accused
The Special Investigation Team (SIT) of Gurugram Police probing a murder case in which a former model and girlfriend of slain gangster Sandeep Gadoli, was allegedly killed by the owner of the hotel where she was staying, has arrested a 20-year-old woman for her involvement in the crime, an official said on Monday. The police have so far arrested four persons including the prime accused, Abhijeet Singh. The accused woman was identified as Megha, a resident of Najafgarh in Delhi.  

Gurugram hotel murder: Woman arrested for helping prime accused

Delhi Police bust int'l racket of fraudsters; 2 foreigners held

Delhi Police bust int'l racket of fraudsters; 2 foreigners held
With the arrest of two foreigners, including a woman, the Delhi Police have busted an international racket of fraudsters involved in cheating people on the pretext of "Customs clearance, RBI fee", among others, an official said on Monday. The arrested individuals were identified as Benita Gift Agene (27), presently residing in Chhatarpur Pahari, and Izunna Paul Uzoma (34), living in Maidan Garhi -- both from Nigeria. The arrest came after Delhi Police received a cheating-related complaint.

Delhi Police bust int'l racket of fraudsters; 2 foreigners held

AAP nominates Swati Maliwal for RS, retains ND Gupta & Sanjay Singh

AAP nominates Swati Maliwal for RS, retains ND Gupta & Sanjay Singh
The Aam Aadmi Party has nominated Swati Maliwal, Chairperson of the Delhi Commission for Women, as its candidate for the Rajya Sabha while giving second terms to Sanjay Singh and N.D. Gupta. Maliwal will replace Sushil Kumar Gupta in the Rajya Sabha.

AAP nominates Swati Maliwal for RS, retains ND Gupta & Sanjay Singh

SIT set up to probe Gurugram hotel murder case

SIT set up to probe Gurugram hotel murder case
Divya, 27, was allegedly killed by Abhijeet Singh -- the owner of Hotel City Point, here, on January 2. According to police, Divya and Abhijeet were in a relationship, and the murder took place at Room Number 111 of the same hotel. The police are yet to find Divya's body. It is being suspected that the body has been dumped somewhere in Punjab.

SIT set up to probe Gurugram hotel murder case

Jaishankar returns to India after wrapping up Nepal visit

Jaishankar returns to India after wrapping up Nepal visit
Besides attending the meeting, also visited the Pashupatinath Temple, witnessed some agreements being signed and held talks with President Ram Chandra Poudel, Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal, Nepali Congress President Sher Bahadur Deuba, Leader of the Opposition K.P. Oli, among others.

Jaishankar returns to India after wrapping up Nepal visit

Punjab disburses Rs 19.83 crore to farmers opting for direct seeding of rice

Punjab disburses Rs 19.83 crore to farmers opting for direct seeding of rice
The Punjab government has transferred Rs 19.83 crore into bank accounts of 17,007 farmers who opted Direct Seeding Rice (DSR) in the Kharif season, state Agriculture Minister Gurmeet Singh Khudian said on Friday. He said 19,114 farmers have registered 172,049 acres on the DSR portal during 2023-24 and 18,931 farmers and 133,745.67 acres under DSR was verified.  

Punjab disburses Rs 19.83 crore to farmers opting for direct seeding of rice