Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
India

Exams will not be cancelled: BPSC chairman

Darpan News Desk IANS, 13 Dec, 2024 12:09 PM
  • Exams will not be cancelled: BPSC chairman

Patna, Dec 13 (IANS) While denying the possibility of the question paper leak, the Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) said on Friday that the examination would not cancelled under any circumstances.

A high-level meeting was also held at the BPSC headquarters in Patna following the allegations of a paper leak. The meeting included BPSC Chairman Ravi Manu Bhai Parmar, Examination Controller, Secretary, and other senior officials to evaluate the situation.

BPSC Joint Secretary Kundan Kumar dismissed the allegations, stating that no paper leak occurred at any examination centres in Bihar.

He acknowledged reports of disturbances at the Bapu Examination Centre in Patna around 12:15 PM but maintained that the claims of a paper leak were baseless.

Chairman Ravi Manu Bhai Parmar supported his stance, stating: “The examination process remained intact despite the unrest caused by a group of students. Some unruly candidates disrupted the examination by looting question papers and OMR sheets from the centre. These individuals are being identified, and strict action will be taken against them.”

Parmar emphasised that approximately 5,500 candidates appeared for the exam at the Bapu Examination Centre, and the incident was isolated to one block of this centre.

He confirmed that the exam, conducted across 912 centres in a controlled and monitored environment, would not be cancelled under any circumstances.

The Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) continues to grapple with the aftermath of allegations surrounding the 70th Preliminary Examination, which saw disturbances at the Bapu Examination Center in Kumhrar, Patna.

Parmar addressed concerns about delays in distributing question papers and the resulting unrest, clarifying that any delay is typically offset by providing additional time to affected candidates.

“The idea of cancelling the exam, wherein the participation of 3.25 lakh candidates, impractical and unfair to the majority, despite disruptions affecting 300-400 students,” Parmar said.

Chairman Parmar maintained that the disturbances were limited to a small group of candidates and stressed that the integrity of the exam remains intact.

 

He reaffirmed that the paper was not leaked and that appropriate action would be taken against those who disrupted the examination process.

 

While the BPSC held a meeting to review the situation, agitated candidates gathered at the commission's office, causing commotion. The protests grew intense, prompting police from four stations—Secretariat, Kotwali, Shastri Nagar, and Airport police stations—to intervene and disperse the crowd.

 

The situation deteriorated after Patna District Magistrate Chandrashekhar Singh slapped a candidate during the initial unrest at the examination centre.

 

“Around 150 candidates left the examination hall with question papers and OMR sheets, creating a ruckus. The exam had not been compromised, as the question paper boxes were opened in the presence of students in their respective classrooms,” Singh said.

 

MORE India ARTICLES

3 back to back earthquakes rock Ladakh & J&K

3 back to back earthquakes rock Ladakh & J&K
Three back to back earthquakes rocked the Union Territories of Ladakh and J&K on Monday, while no report of casualty or damage to property has been received so far. A Met Department statement said that the first earthquake measuring 5.5 on the Richter scale occurred at 3.48 p.m. in Ladakh region with the epicentre in Kargil district. A second earthquake measuring 3.8 on Richter scale again occurred in Ladakh region at 4.01 p.m.

3 back to back earthquakes rock Ladakh & J&K

Odisha Police seizes drugs valued at RS 66 lakhs, two held

Odisha Police seizes drugs valued at RS 66 lakhs, two held
The Special Crime Unit (SCU) of Commissionerate Police has arrested two drug peddlers and seized drugs valued at around Rs 66 lakhs from CRP Square area in Bhubaneswar, Odisha on Sunday, Police Commissioner Saumendra Priyadarshi said. Priyadarshi said that the illegal trade in drugs usually increases manifold every year during this period in view of the parties for New Year celebrations and various other occasions.  

Odisha Police seizes drugs valued at RS 66 lakhs, two held

Four arrested for insurance policy fraud, duping 60 people in Gurugram

Four arrested for insurance policy fraud, duping 60 people in Gurugram
The Gurugram Cyber Crime Police said on Monday that they have busted a fake insurance policy racket and arrested four persons who duped at least 60 people. Police said that the suspects used to call victims posed as insurance company officials and duped people in the name of solving their insurance policy problem.

Four arrested for insurance policy fraud, duping 60 people in Gurugram

Varanasi may get another Vande Bharat train during PM Modi's visit

Varanasi may get another Vande Bharat train during PM Modi's visit
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to announce the launch of another Vande Bharat train between Varanasi and Delhi, during his visit to his parliamentary constituency on December 17-18. The first Vande Bharat train was launched from Varanasi in 2019.

Varanasi may get another Vande Bharat train during PM Modi's visit

Gold smuggling into India through Indo-Myanmar border: ED searches 7 locations in Punjab

Gold smuggling into India through Indo-Myanmar border: ED searches 7 locations in Punjab
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Thursday said that it carried out searches at seven locations on December 12 in Punjab’s Patiala city in connection with a gold smuggling operation. The ED said that the case is based on a criminal complaint filed by the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI), under provisions of the Customs Act, 1962 against Lucky Satija, Surinder Kumar, Manjodh Singh Cheema and others for smuggling gold from foreign nations into India.  

Gold smuggling into India through Indo-Myanmar border: ED searches 7 locations in Punjab

Eight years after sacrilege, Sukhbir Badal apologises for failing to arrest culprits

Eight years after sacrilege, Sukhbir Badal apologises for failing to arrest culprits
Eight years after the sacrilege of Guru Granth Sahib during the helm of the Shiromani Akali Dal-BJP government in Punjab, Akali Dal President Sukhbir Badal on Thursday unconditionally sought forgiveness of the Khalsa Panth (community) for failing to arrest the culprits. Speaking at the 103rd foundation day of the Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) with folded hands, Badal expressed his regrets.

Eight years after sacrilege, Sukhbir Badal apologises for failing to arrest culprits