Monday, May 18, 2026
ADVT 
India

If Pakistan causes trouble, something needs to be done: Errol Musk

Darpan News Desk IANS, 02 Jun, 2025 02:03 PM
  • If Pakistan causes trouble, something needs to be done: Errol Musk

New Delhi, June 2 (IANS) Errol Musk, father of the world’s richest man and American billionaire Elon Musk, on Monday called for an end to the miseries of Kashmiris living under the spectre of terrorism, saying ‘if it is Pakistan causing the trouble, something needs to be done about it’.

In an interaction with IANS, the 79-year-old South African patriarch of the Musk family sympathised with Kashmiris living in a hostile environment and said, “You cannot make ordinary people suffer like this… you’ve got to make a plan and put an end to it.”

Talking about the Kashmir issue, he said he has always been inclined to be on India’s side on this matter.

“I have spoken friends who have been on bus trips to Srinagar from Delhi, and you never know how an RPG is coming your way,” he said.

Referring to the tensions between India and Pakistan over Kashmir, he said, “It makes no sense to me at all… for two matured nations to be going on like this.”

“You’ve got to make a plan and put an end to this. You can’t make the lives of ordinary people so miserable,” he said. “It’s not right.”

“If it’s Pakistan which is causing trouble, something has to be done about it,” said Musk senior, in a veiled endorsement for India’s Operation Sindoor.

Errol Musk’s remarks about the need to give Kashmiris a better life come close to Operation Sindoor and the subsequent global diplomatic outreach to present India’s anti-terror stand.

As part of the diplomatic push to consolidate global support against cross-border terrorism, an all-party Parliamentary delegation led by DMK MP Kanimozhi Karunanidhi on Monday interacted with the Association of Victims of Terrorism (AVT), an organisation in Spain that was established in 1981 to support those affected by terrorist barbarity.

Picture Courtesy: IANS

MORE India ARTICLES

Rahul gets bail in defamation case, next hearing on April 13

Rahul gets bail in defamation case, next hearing on April 13
During his campaign, Gandhi stated that "all thieves have Modi surname", equating Prime Minister Narendra Modi with fugitives like Lalit Modi and Nirav Modi. On March 23, a lower court in Surat found him guilty of defaming the entire Modi community in a case filed by BJP MLA Purnesh Modi. 

Rahul gets bail in defamation case, next hearing on April 13

Delhi: Gang involved in stealing luxury cars busted, four held

Delhi: Gang involved in stealing luxury cars busted, four held
A Delhi Police official said that one of the buyers was a liquor mafia group led by Sumit Anangpur from Faridabad, which purchased stolen luxury cars worth around Rs 20 lakh each, for just Rs 3-4 lakh and used them to hoodwink the agencies to transport foreign liquor to Bihar.

Delhi: Gang involved in stealing luxury cars busted, four held

Is India seeing another Covid wave?

Is India seeing another Covid wave?
Last week, the country had seen a surge with 18,450 fresh cases, a substantial rise from the previous week's 8,781 cases. The Omicron variant XBB.1.16 is believed to be behind the sudden surge of the cases.

Is India seeing another Covid wave?

Major fire breaks out in Kanpur, 500 shops gutted

Major fire breaks out in Kanpur, 500 shops gutted
As many as two dozen fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the fire and the operation lasted more than six hours. More than two dozen fire tenders are on the spot, trying to douse the inferno.

Major fire breaks out in Kanpur, 500 shops gutted

Navjot Singh Sidhu likely to be released from jail on Saturday

Navjot Singh Sidhu likely to be released from jail on Saturday
Officials of the central jail have not confirmed his release prematurely. Sidhu on May 20, 2022, surrendered before a court in Patiala in a 1988 road rage case that had led to the death of a 65-year-old man.

Navjot Singh Sidhu likely to be released from jail on Saturday

Indore temple tragedy: Death toll rises to 36, youngest victim 2 yr-old boy

Indore temple tragedy: Death toll rises to 36, youngest victim 2 yr-old boy
Out of total 36 people who died in the heart wrenching incident, the youngest victim was a two-year-old boy, Hitansh, while the eldest one was an 80-year-old woman identified as Jayvanti Devi, according to police. Most of the victims were women.

Indore temple tragedy: Death toll rises to 36, youngest victim 2 yr-old boy