Sunday, February 15, 2026
ADVT 
India

Jalgaon rail accident: 12 killed as passengers of Pushpak Express hit by another train

Darpan News Desk IANS, 22 Jan, 2025 12:45 PM
  • Jalgaon rail accident: 12 killed as passengers of Pushpak Express hit by another train

Jalgaon (Maharashtra), Jan 22 (IANS) At least 12 people including eight men, three women and one 10-year-old child died after passengers of Pushpak Express were hit by Karnataka Express at Pachora taluka in Maharashtra's Jalgaon district on Wednesday.

The accident occurred on the railway line between Mahiji and Pardhade stations. The passengers were outside their coaches suspecting some fire in the train.

Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, who is in Davos to attend the World Economic Forum, has announced financial assistance of Rs 5 lakh to the families of the deceased persons.

The CM said that he had given a directive to the Jalgaon district administration to provide medical treatment to the injured in the accident at free of cost.

In a post on X, Fadnavis said: "The tragic incident of the loss of lives in a very unfortunate incident near Pachora in Jalgaon district is deeply distressing. I pay my heartfelt tributes to them. My colleague Minister Girish Mahajan and the Superintendent of Police have reached the spot, and the District Collector will reach there shortly. The entire district administration is working in coordination with the railway administration, and immediate arrangements are being made for the treatment of the injured.

"Eight ambulances have been dispatched. The general hospital as well as other nearby private hospitals have been kept ready for the treatment of the injured. Emergency equipment like glass cutters, floodlights have also been kept ready. We are monitoring the entire situation and all necessary assistance is being provided immediately. I am in touch with the district administration."

PM Modi expressed his grief on X over the unfortunate accident.

Water Resources Minister Girish Mahajan has already reached the accident spot and supervised the rescue and relief operations.

The Jalgaon district administration has opened four control rooms at Jalgaon, Bhargaon, Pachora and Bhusaval. Besides, a team of Indian Medical Association was approached, and it is coordinating with the doctors at the district hospital and other adjoining medical facilities.

Deputy CM Eknath Shinde said that instructions had been given to the concerned administration to immediately shift the injured to the hospital and provide them with proper treatment.

Ajit Pawar, also a Deputy Chief Minister, paid heartfelt tributes to the deceased.

"The district administration was contacted and information about the accident was obtained. At this time, instructions were given to arrange for immediate help and free medical treatment for the injured passengers. Minister Girish Mahajan has personally reached the spot and the district administration along with the District Collector, Superintendent of Police, is carrying out rescue and relief work on war footing.

"The district administration and the railway administration are coordinating rescue and relief work. The relief work will continue even at night. For this, the necessary equipment including glass cutters and floodlights have reached the accident spot," he said.

Photo courtesy of @Rajmajiofficial

 

MORE India ARTICLES

Cocaine worth Rs 220 cr seized from Denmark-bound ship at Paradip port

Cocaine worth Rs 220 cr seized from Denmark-bound ship at Paradip port
Customs officials have seized a large quantity of cocaine from a Denmark-bound ship berthed at the Paradip International Cargo Terminal at Paradip port during a raid, an official said Friday. The officials have recovered cocaine weighing 22 kg valued at around Rs 220 crore in the international market during the search of the ship that continued on Friday.

Cocaine worth Rs 220 cr seized from Denmark-bound ship at Paradip port

Congress taunts BJP after World Bank withdraws paper flagging decline over toilet usage

Congress taunts BJP after World Bank withdraws paper flagging decline over toilet usage
Congress on Friday taunted the government over the success of Swachh Bharat Mission saying that the World Bank has to withdraw its paper that flagged decline in the use of toilets in rural India between 2018 and 2021. The Congress asked the government that instead of suppressing data and declaring victory over open defecation, an open and transparent audit of toilet usage and sanitation in India, along with reversing budget cuts.  

Congress taunts BJP after World Bank withdraws paper flagging decline over toilet usage

Increase in BSF's jurisdiction does not take away powers of Punjab Police, says SC

Increase in BSF's jurisdiction does not take away powers of Punjab Police, says SC
A bench, headed by CJI D.Y. Chandrachud and comprising Justices J.B. Pardiwala and Manoj Misra, was hearing an original suit filed by the Punjab government under Article 131 of the Constitution against the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) notification issued in October 2021.  

Increase in BSF's jurisdiction does not take away powers of Punjab Police, says SC

‘Maximum global talk, minimum local walk’ is principle followed by PM Modi: Congress

‘Maximum global talk, minimum local walk’ is principle followed by PM Modi: Congress
The Congress on Friday hit out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who told the COP 28 meeting in Dubai that India has "struck a great balance between ecology and economy", saying this was "yet another of his trademark falsehoods". 

‘Maximum global talk, minimum local walk’ is principle followed by PM Modi: Congress

Forest scam: ED searches premises of former minister in Punjab

Forest scam: ED searches premises of former minister in Punjab
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Thursday carried out searches at multiple locations in Punjab, including the premises of former Congress Minister Sadhu Singh Dharamsot, in connection with the alleged forest scam. An ED source said that the agency teams are searching the premises of Dharamsot and a contractor.  

Forest scam: ED searches premises of former minister in Punjab

Matter of concern, contrary to govt's policy: India reacts to US in SFJ's Pannun case

Matter of concern, contrary to govt's policy: India reacts to US in SFJ's Pannun case
The remarks from the MEA came after the US prosecutors on Wednesday announced murder-for-hire charges against Indian national Nikhil Gupta for involvement in a foiled plot to assassinate a US citizen allegedly on behalf of an Indian government employee. Gupta was arrested by Czech authorities on June 30 in response to a request by the US under an extradition treaty, according to a statement issued by the office of the US Attorney for the Southern District of New York Damian Williams.  

Matter of concern, contrary to govt's policy: India reacts to US in SFJ's Pannun case