Sunday, February 15, 2026
ADVT 
India

Jalgaon rail accident: 12 killed as passengers of Pushpak Express hit by another train

Darpan News Desk IANS, 22 Jan, 2025 12:45 PM
  • Jalgaon rail accident: 12 killed as passengers of Pushpak Express hit by another train

Jalgaon (Maharashtra), Jan 22 (IANS) At least 12 people including eight men, three women and one 10-year-old child died after passengers of Pushpak Express were hit by Karnataka Express at Pachora taluka in Maharashtra's Jalgaon district on Wednesday.

The accident occurred on the railway line between Mahiji and Pardhade stations. The passengers were outside their coaches suspecting some fire in the train.

Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, who is in Davos to attend the World Economic Forum, has announced financial assistance of Rs 5 lakh to the families of the deceased persons.

The CM said that he had given a directive to the Jalgaon district administration to provide medical treatment to the injured in the accident at free of cost.

In a post on X, Fadnavis said: "The tragic incident of the loss of lives in a very unfortunate incident near Pachora in Jalgaon district is deeply distressing. I pay my heartfelt tributes to them. My colleague Minister Girish Mahajan and the Superintendent of Police have reached the spot, and the District Collector will reach there shortly. The entire district administration is working in coordination with the railway administration, and immediate arrangements are being made for the treatment of the injured.

"Eight ambulances have been dispatched. The general hospital as well as other nearby private hospitals have been kept ready for the treatment of the injured. Emergency equipment like glass cutters, floodlights have also been kept ready. We are monitoring the entire situation and all necessary assistance is being provided immediately. I am in touch with the district administration."

PM Modi expressed his grief on X over the unfortunate accident.

Water Resources Minister Girish Mahajan has already reached the accident spot and supervised the rescue and relief operations.

The Jalgaon district administration has opened four control rooms at Jalgaon, Bhargaon, Pachora and Bhusaval. Besides, a team of Indian Medical Association was approached, and it is coordinating with the doctors at the district hospital and other adjoining medical facilities.

Deputy CM Eknath Shinde said that instructions had been given to the concerned administration to immediately shift the injured to the hospital and provide them with proper treatment.

Ajit Pawar, also a Deputy Chief Minister, paid heartfelt tributes to the deceased.

"The district administration was contacted and information about the accident was obtained. At this time, instructions were given to arrange for immediate help and free medical treatment for the injured passengers. Minister Girish Mahajan has personally reached the spot and the district administration along with the District Collector, Superintendent of Police, is carrying out rescue and relief work on war footing.

"The district administration and the railway administration are coordinating rescue and relief work. The relief work will continue even at night. For this, the necessary equipment including glass cutters and floodlights have reached the accident spot," he said.

Photo courtesy of @Rajmajiofficial

 

MORE India ARTICLES

‘Relieved,' says Gadkari after 41 workers rescued in Uttarakhand

‘Relieved,' says Gadkari after 41 workers rescued in Uttarakhand
Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari on Tuesday said that he was relieved as all the 41 trapped workers from the under-construction Silkyara tunnel in Uttarakhand were rescued safely. He said that it was a well coordinated effort by multiple agencies marking one of the most significant rescue operations in recent years.  

‘Relieved,' says Gadkari after 41 workers rescued in Uttarakhand

Uttarkashi tunnel drilling halted after auger machine platform collapses

Uttarkashi tunnel drilling halted after auger machine platform collapses
The operation to rescue 41 workers trapped inside the collapsed Silkyara tunnel in Uttarakhand's Uttarkashi district was halted after the platform supporting the auger machine which is drilling through the debris collapsed on Thursday evening. Girish Singh Rawat, one of the members of the rescue operation team, said: "Drilling cannot be done until the platform is ready. It may take five to six hours to get the platform ready."

Uttarkashi tunnel drilling halted after auger machine platform collapses

Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train project: 100 km of viaducts, 250 km pier work completed

Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train project: 100 km of viaducts, 250 km pier work completed
The National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) said that 100 km of viaducts were ready for the 508 km of the mega Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Corridor project while 250 km of pier work has been completed. The NHSRCL said that on November 25, 2021 first girder was launched while the first km of viaduct was completed on June 30, 2022 in a span of six months.

Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train project: 100 km of viaducts, 250 km pier work completed

Delhi Horror: Demon's street dance, firearms, knives dominate juvenile's social media

Delhi Horror: Demon's street dance, firearms, knives dominate juvenile's social media
Social media posts of the juvenile who stabbed a 17-year-old over 70 times during a street robbery here, likely hinted at his inclination towards violence or "thirst for blood". The accused minor shared videos on his social media account, displaying knives, firearms, and footage of himself within court premises portraying a criminal image, possibly fostering a misguided sense of pride.

Delhi Horror: Demon's street dance, firearms, knives dominate juvenile's social media

Man who threatened to blow up Mumbai Airport nabbed from Kerala

Man who threatened to blow up Mumbai Airport nabbed from Kerala
On Thursday, the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMIA) received an anonymous email threatening to "blow up Terminal 2 within 48 hours" if the man making the threat was not paid an amount of $1 million in Bitcoin. Following the ultimatum, the Mumbai International Airport Ltd. Lodged a complaint with the Sahar police station which swung into action.  

Man who threatened to blow up Mumbai Airport nabbed from Kerala

Punjab CM assures protesting sugarcane growers of hiking procurement rate

Punjab CM assures protesting sugarcane growers of hiking procurement rate
Facing protests by sugarcane growers, Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann on Friday assured that the state government would continue to give them highest rate in the coming times. Interacting with the media after meeting farmer unions here, he said the government has always been on top to provide rates to the sugarcane cultivators and now also this trend will be continued.  

Punjab CM assures protesting sugarcane growers of hiking procurement rate