Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
India

Jalgaon rail accident: 12 killed as passengers of Pushpak Express hit by another train

Darpan News Desk IANS, 22 Jan, 2025 12:45 PM
  • Jalgaon rail accident: 12 killed as passengers of Pushpak Express hit by another train

Jalgaon (Maharashtra), Jan 22 (IANS) At least 12 people including eight men, three women and one 10-year-old child died after passengers of Pushpak Express were hit by Karnataka Express at Pachora taluka in Maharashtra's Jalgaon district on Wednesday.

The accident occurred on the railway line between Mahiji and Pardhade stations. The passengers were outside their coaches suspecting some fire in the train.

Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, who is in Davos to attend the World Economic Forum, has announced financial assistance of Rs 5 lakh to the families of the deceased persons.

The CM said that he had given a directive to the Jalgaon district administration to provide medical treatment to the injured in the accident at free of cost.

In a post on X, Fadnavis said: "The tragic incident of the loss of lives in a very unfortunate incident near Pachora in Jalgaon district is deeply distressing. I pay my heartfelt tributes to them. My colleague Minister Girish Mahajan and the Superintendent of Police have reached the spot, and the District Collector will reach there shortly. The entire district administration is working in coordination with the railway administration, and immediate arrangements are being made for the treatment of the injured.

"Eight ambulances have been dispatched. The general hospital as well as other nearby private hospitals have been kept ready for the treatment of the injured. Emergency equipment like glass cutters, floodlights have also been kept ready. We are monitoring the entire situation and all necessary assistance is being provided immediately. I am in touch with the district administration."

PM Modi expressed his grief on X over the unfortunate accident.

Water Resources Minister Girish Mahajan has already reached the accident spot and supervised the rescue and relief operations.

The Jalgaon district administration has opened four control rooms at Jalgaon, Bhargaon, Pachora and Bhusaval. Besides, a team of Indian Medical Association was approached, and it is coordinating with the doctors at the district hospital and other adjoining medical facilities.

Deputy CM Eknath Shinde said that instructions had been given to the concerned administration to immediately shift the injured to the hospital and provide them with proper treatment.

Ajit Pawar, also a Deputy Chief Minister, paid heartfelt tributes to the deceased.

"The district administration was contacted and information about the accident was obtained. At this time, instructions were given to arrange for immediate help and free medical treatment for the injured passengers. Minister Girish Mahajan has personally reached the spot and the district administration along with the District Collector, Superintendent of Police, is carrying out rescue and relief work on war footing.

"The district administration and the railway administration are coordinating rescue and relief work. The relief work will continue even at night. For this, the necessary equipment including glass cutters and floodlights have reached the accident spot," he said.

Photo courtesy of @Rajmajiofficial

 

MORE India ARTICLES

Akali Dal asks Punjab CM to clarify stand on SYL canal

Akali Dal asks Punjab CM to clarify stand on SYL canal
In a statement here, senior SAD leader Daljit Singh Cheema said “the Chief Minister wants to hold a debate on the SYL canal on November 1 but his own government has compromised the state’s case in the Supreme Court". "Now an AAP MP from Punjab is batting for Haryana and upholding the Supreme Court verdict and even claiming that the matter is only political," he said.

Akali Dal asks Punjab CM to clarify stand on SYL canal

SC Collegium recommends elevation of five advocates as judges of Punjab & Haryana HC

SC Collegium recommends elevation of five advocates as judges of Punjab & Haryana HC
The recommendation for appointment of advocates Harmeet Singh Grewal, Deepinder Singh Nalwa, Sumeet Goel, Sudeepti Sharma, and Kirti Singh as judges was made on April 21 this year by the Chief Justice of the Punjab and Haryana High Court in consultation with his two senior-most colleagues.

SC Collegium recommends elevation of five advocates as judges of Punjab & Haryana HC

Kwakta bomb blast case

Kwakta bomb blast case
The NIA has arrested a man in connection with the June 21 Kwakta bomb blast case that left three people injured, an officer from the central agency said on Monday. According to the NIA officer, on Monday in an Intelligence-based joint operation with the Assam Police, the agency has arrested Mohd Noor Hussain from Silchar in Assam.

Kwakta bomb blast case

1300 kg firecrackers seized in Delhi

1300 kg firecrackers seized in Delhi
Delhi Police has apprehended three men and seized approximately 1,300 kilograms of firecrackers from their possession. In view of the ban in Delhi, the accused allegedly procured the firecrackers from neighbouring Gurugram. The accused identified as Yogender (62), Kishan Lal (60), both residents of Kotala Mubarakpur, and Akash Vashishith (35), a resident of Malviya Nagar, had procured the stock of firecrackers from Farukhnagar near Gurugram. 

1300 kg firecrackers seized in Delhi

CBI charge sheets 6 in Manipur viral video case

CBI charge sheets 6 in Manipur viral video case
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Monday filed a charge sheet against six accused and a report against one child in conflict with law in connection with the May 4 viral video case in Manipur, involving sexual assault on women and killing of two men. It filed a charge sheet against six accused and a report against one child in conflict with the law (CCL) before the special CBI court here.  

CBI charge sheets 6 in Manipur viral video case

Four killed, 30 injured as 23 coaches of North East Express derail in Bihar

Four killed, 30 injured as 23 coaches of North East Express derail in Bihar
The Railways on Thursday confirmed that four passengers have died and 30 others injured in the derailment of the North East Express train in Bihra's Buxar district. Following the accident, East Central Railway GM Tarun Prakash, Danapur DRM Jayant Kumar Chaudhary and other officers reached Raghunathpur to take control of the situation. The technical teams initiated investigation of the mishap.

Four killed, 30 injured as 23 coaches of North East Express derail in Bihar