Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
India

Jalgaon rail accident: 12 killed as passengers of Pushpak Express hit by another train

Darpan News Desk IANS, 22 Jan, 2025 12:45 PM
  • Jalgaon rail accident: 12 killed as passengers of Pushpak Express hit by another train

Jalgaon (Maharashtra), Jan 22 (IANS) At least 12 people including eight men, three women and one 10-year-old child died after passengers of Pushpak Express were hit by Karnataka Express at Pachora taluka in Maharashtra's Jalgaon district on Wednesday.

The accident occurred on the railway line between Mahiji and Pardhade stations. The passengers were outside their coaches suspecting some fire in the train.

Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, who is in Davos to attend the World Economic Forum, has announced financial assistance of Rs 5 lakh to the families of the deceased persons.

The CM said that he had given a directive to the Jalgaon district administration to provide medical treatment to the injured in the accident at free of cost.

In a post on X, Fadnavis said: "The tragic incident of the loss of lives in a very unfortunate incident near Pachora in Jalgaon district is deeply distressing. I pay my heartfelt tributes to them. My colleague Minister Girish Mahajan and the Superintendent of Police have reached the spot, and the District Collector will reach there shortly. The entire district administration is working in coordination with the railway administration, and immediate arrangements are being made for the treatment of the injured.

"Eight ambulances have been dispatched. The general hospital as well as other nearby private hospitals have been kept ready for the treatment of the injured. Emergency equipment like glass cutters, floodlights have also been kept ready. We are monitoring the entire situation and all necessary assistance is being provided immediately. I am in touch with the district administration."

PM Modi expressed his grief on X over the unfortunate accident.

Water Resources Minister Girish Mahajan has already reached the accident spot and supervised the rescue and relief operations.

The Jalgaon district administration has opened four control rooms at Jalgaon, Bhargaon, Pachora and Bhusaval. Besides, a team of Indian Medical Association was approached, and it is coordinating with the doctors at the district hospital and other adjoining medical facilities.

Deputy CM Eknath Shinde said that instructions had been given to the concerned administration to immediately shift the injured to the hospital and provide them with proper treatment.

Ajit Pawar, also a Deputy Chief Minister, paid heartfelt tributes to the deceased.

"The district administration was contacted and information about the accident was obtained. At this time, instructions were given to arrange for immediate help and free medical treatment for the injured passengers. Minister Girish Mahajan has personally reached the spot and the district administration along with the District Collector, Superintendent of Police, is carrying out rescue and relief work on war footing.

"The district administration and the railway administration are coordinating rescue and relief work. The relief work will continue even at night. For this, the necessary equipment including glass cutters and floodlights have reached the accident spot," he said.

Photo courtesy of @Rajmajiofficial

 

MORE India ARTICLES

Tikait warns of agitation if demands are not met

Tikait warns of agitation if demands are not met
Bhartiya Kisan Union (BKU) leader Rakesh Tikait has said that the farmers will be forced to step up their agitation against the government if their demands, including free electricity for irrigation and higher SAP for sugarcane, were not met. Tikait told reporters that the recent agitation of farmers in Lucknow was not driven by any political agenda in view of the Lok Sabha elections due next year.

Tikait warns of agitation if demands are not met

Nari Shakti Vandan Adhiniyam a historic legislation, will further boost women empowerment: PM Modi

Nari Shakti Vandan Adhiniyam a historic legislation, will further boost women empowerment: PM Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday thanked MPs across party lines as the Lok Sabha passed the Women’s Reservation Bill, saying that it is a historic legislation that will further boost women empowerment and will enable greater participation of women in the political process.  

Nari Shakti Vandan Adhiniyam a historic legislation, will further boost women empowerment: PM Modi

PM suggests naming old Parliament building Samvidhan Sadan as MPs move to new building

PM suggests naming old Parliament building Samvidhan Sadan as MPs move to new building
Addressing a function in Central Hall to commemorate the 75 years of Parliament, Modi said, "I have a suggestion. Now, when we are going to the new Parliament, the dignity of the old building should never go down. This should not be left just as the old Parliament building. So, I urge that if you agree, this should be known as 'Samvidhan Sadan'."

PM suggests naming old Parliament building Samvidhan Sadan as MPs move to new building

BJP wants to take credit for Women’s Reservation Bill: Punjab Congress leader Bajwa

BJP wants to take credit for Women’s Reservation Bill: Punjab Congress leader Bajwa
Bajwa said the BJP must know that “the Women’s Reservation Bill is the brainchild of the Congress”. It was former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi who in May 1989 introduced the Constitution Amendment Bill to provide one-third reservation for women in rural and urban local bodies.

BJP wants to take credit for Women’s Reservation Bill: Punjab Congress leader Bajwa

Bus falls into canal in Punjab; five killed, two missing

Bus falls into canal in Punjab; five killed, two missing
Five passengers were killed and 10 others injured when a private bus lost control and fell into the Sirhind feeder canal on the Muktsar-Kotkapura highway while crossing a bridge in Punjab's Muktsar on Tuesday, police said. Two people were reportedly missing.

Bus falls into canal in Punjab; five killed, two missing

'Absurd, motivated': India rejects Canada's allegations over killing of Hardeep Nijjar

'Absurd, motivated': India rejects Canada's allegations over killing of Hardeep Nijjar
India on Tuesday rejected claims by the Canada government that it had an involvement in the killing of Hardeep Singh Nijjar. Terming them as "absurd and motivated" the external affairs ministry in a statement said, "We have seen and reject the statement of the Canadian Prime Minister in their Parliament, as also the statement by their Foreign Minister. Allegations of Government of India's involvement in any act of violence in Canada are absurd and motivated."

'Absurd, motivated': India rejects Canada's allegations over killing of Hardeep Nijjar