Monday, May 18, 2026
ADVT 
India

Jalgaon rail accident: 12 killed as passengers of Pushpak Express hit by another train

Darpan News Desk IANS, 22 Jan, 2025 12:45 PM
  • Jalgaon rail accident: 12 killed as passengers of Pushpak Express hit by another train

Jalgaon (Maharashtra), Jan 22 (IANS) At least 12 people including eight men, three women and one 10-year-old child died after passengers of Pushpak Express were hit by Karnataka Express at Pachora taluka in Maharashtra's Jalgaon district on Wednesday.

The accident occurred on the railway line between Mahiji and Pardhade stations. The passengers were outside their coaches suspecting some fire in the train.

Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, who is in Davos to attend the World Economic Forum, has announced financial assistance of Rs 5 lakh to the families of the deceased persons.

The CM said that he had given a directive to the Jalgaon district administration to provide medical treatment to the injured in the accident at free of cost.

In a post on X, Fadnavis said: "The tragic incident of the loss of lives in a very unfortunate incident near Pachora in Jalgaon district is deeply distressing. I pay my heartfelt tributes to them. My colleague Minister Girish Mahajan and the Superintendent of Police have reached the spot, and the District Collector will reach there shortly. The entire district administration is working in coordination with the railway administration, and immediate arrangements are being made for the treatment of the injured.

"Eight ambulances have been dispatched. The general hospital as well as other nearby private hospitals have been kept ready for the treatment of the injured. Emergency equipment like glass cutters, floodlights have also been kept ready. We are monitoring the entire situation and all necessary assistance is being provided immediately. I am in touch with the district administration."

PM Modi expressed his grief on X over the unfortunate accident.

Water Resources Minister Girish Mahajan has already reached the accident spot and supervised the rescue and relief operations.

The Jalgaon district administration has opened four control rooms at Jalgaon, Bhargaon, Pachora and Bhusaval. Besides, a team of Indian Medical Association was approached, and it is coordinating with the doctors at the district hospital and other adjoining medical facilities.

Deputy CM Eknath Shinde said that instructions had been given to the concerned administration to immediately shift the injured to the hospital and provide them with proper treatment.

Ajit Pawar, also a Deputy Chief Minister, paid heartfelt tributes to the deceased.

"The district administration was contacted and information about the accident was obtained. At this time, instructions were given to arrange for immediate help and free medical treatment for the injured passengers. Minister Girish Mahajan has personally reached the spot and the district administration along with the District Collector, Superintendent of Police, is carrying out rescue and relief work on war footing.

"The district administration and the railway administration are coordinating rescue and relief work. The relief work will continue even at night. For this, the necessary equipment including glass cutters and floodlights have reached the accident spot," he said.

Photo courtesy of @Rajmajiofficial

 

MORE India ARTICLES

Bomb threat on Moscow-Delhi flight, search underway at Delhi airport

Bomb threat on Moscow-Delhi flight, search underway at Delhi airport
The police said that they got the PCR call at around 11.15 p.m. that the flight which was coming from Moscow, and was scheduled to land at 3.20 a.m., had a bomb in it. After receiving the call all the security agencies were put on standby the whole night.

Bomb threat on Moscow-Delhi flight, search underway at Delhi airport

Watched helplessly as daughters taken to Lingayat seer's pvt room: Mother recounts horror

Watched helplessly as daughters taken to Lingayat seer's pvt room: Mother recounts horror
One of her daughters,the woman said, was sexually exploited by the accused seer till she attained puberty. She had admitted her daughters to SJM Kannada medium school in 2016 in third and first standards. They stayed at the mutt's residential facility.

Watched helplessly as daughters taken to Lingayat seer's pvt room: Mother recounts horror

Haryana for starting SYL canal construction, Punjab says not even drop of water to share

Haryana for starting SYL canal construction, Punjab says not even drop of water to share
Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann and his Haryana counterpart Manohar Lal Khattar on Friday failed to reach a consensus over the contentious Sutlej Yamuna Link (SYL) canal issue at a crucial meeting on the issue held here. 

Haryana for starting SYL canal construction, Punjab says not even drop of water to share

Gold, foreign currency worth Rs 8 cr seized at Mumbai Airport in 24 hrs

Gold, foreign currency worth Rs 8 cr seized at Mumbai Airport in 24 hrs
An Indian national, who flew from Dubai to Mumbai by an Emirates flight EK-500, was found with 9.9 kgs gold worth Rs 5.20 crore, hidden in a specially designed chest belt with nine pockets and wrapped around his chest and shoulder.

Gold, foreign currency worth Rs 8 cr seized at Mumbai Airport in 24 hrs

Jamaat-Islami woman wing welcomes Justice Dhulia's verdict on Hijab

Jamaat-Islami woman wing welcomes Justice Dhulia's verdict on Hijab
Appreciating Justice Dhulia's position that wearing a hijab is a matter of choice, JIH Secretary Rahamathunnissa, in a statement, said: "We concurred with Justice Dhulia's remarks that the 'Karnataka High Court took the wrong path' and that Article 15 is "a matter of choice, nothing more and nothing else'." 

Jamaat-Islami woman wing welcomes Justice Dhulia's verdict on Hijab

How Badal govt allowed two IAS officers in Rs 1200 crore Patiala land scam go scot-free

How Badal govt allowed two IAS officers in Rs 1200 crore Patiala land scam go scot-free
A detailed study of the 10-page Ladhar report dated April 16, 2012, and other documents clearly show that Badal government allowed the former Patiala DC Vikas Garg (now Secretary, Transport) to escape trial by denying prosecution sanction to the court to put him on trial and also directing the Vigilance Bureau to cancel the FIR against him.

How Badal govt allowed two IAS officers in Rs 1200 crore Patiala land scam go scot-free