Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
India

Kejriwal has broken all records of corruption, J.P. Nadda tells Delhi voters

Darpan News Desk IANS, 23 Jan, 2025 12:25 PM
  • Kejriwal has broken all records of corruption, J.P. Nadda tells Delhi voters

New Delhi, Jan 23 (IANS) Highlighting ‘Modi ki Guarantee’, BJP National President J.P. Nadda on Thursday said the AAP government in Delhi has broken all records of ‘corruption, choosing the Rs 2,000 crore liquor scam over improvement in the education sector.

Addressing an election rally in Uttam Nagar in west Delhi, he said a party which came to power riding public anger against corruption has indulged in graft by fooling and looting people with an innocent face and calling themselves ‘kattar imandar’ (most honest).

“On the one hand, Arvind Kejriwal is building his Sheesh Mahal with Rs 52 crore, on the other, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is giving shelter to four crore people under PM Awas Yojana,” he said, assuring that all welfare schemes in Delhi continue under the new BJP government as per ‘Modi ki guarantee’.

Women will get Rs 2,500 financial assistance once the BJP comes to power, unlike the lies that the AAP has spread in Punjab and Delhi on the financial assistance to women, he said.

He said the energy of voters in Uttam Nagar gives him confidence that they have decided to uproot the ‘corrupt’ AAP - which is known as ‘AAP-da’ (calamity for the city) - in the coming Assembly elections.

With an eye on voters in west Delhi’s unauthorised colonies, J.P. Nadda said the AAP government deprived the poor of services by planning a Rs 65,000 crore scam in Mohalla Clinics in the name of fake lab tests.

"He does not undertake any small scam. He always aims for big ones, including Rs 2,800 crore in Delhi Jal Board, Rs 5,400 crore an ration cards, Rs 1,300 crore in classroom construction, Rs 4,500 crore in bus purchase and Rs 300 crore in fake medicines," J.P. Nadda said, indirectly referring to AAP national convenor and former chief minister Arvind Kejriwal.

J.P. Nadda accused the AAP government in Delhi of blocking welfare schemes introduced by PM Modi.

"PM Modi has given 300 new electric buses to the city so far and by December 2025 another 2,000 buses will be introduced,” he said, highlighting the infra push under the Central government, including the expansion of the Delhi Metro network from 190 km to 400 km and 135 new Metro stations in the last 10 years.

The BJP National President also highlighted the Rs 30,000 crore rapid rail project from Delhi to Meerut, Rs 8,000 crore expenditure on the Delhi-Meerut expressway, Rs 3,600 crore spent on urban extension road from Alipur to Mahipalpur, Rs 7,500 crore on Dwarka Expressway, Rs 920 crore on Pragati Maidan integrated transit corridor and Rs 11,000 crore on 135-km Eastern peripheral expressway from Kundli border to Palwal road.

"Ten years ago, when there were no Eastern and Western Expressway trucks not destined for Delhi, used to create jams and pollution in the city," he said, highlighting how the Central government has spent crores of rupees for Delhi’s development.

Seeking votes for BJP candidate Pawan Sharma in Uttam Nagar Assembly constituency, he said the BJP will change the face of Delhi and take the city forward which has been pulled back in terms of development by Kejriwal.

Assuring clean water through taps, J.P. Nadda said that due to contaminated water supplied by the AAP government, 20,000 cases of jaundice and diarrhea were reported in the city in 2023-24.

He also promised that the new BJP government would introduce Rs 5 lakh health insurance for all Delhiites in its first Cabinet meeting.

MORE India ARTICLES

5 killed in Rajasthan road accident

5 killed in Rajasthan road accident
At least five persons were killed while five others sustained injuries as two SUVs collided head-on at Jamwa Ramgarh in Rajasthan's Jaipur district on Thursday, the police said. While four persons died on the spot, one individual succumbed to wounds at the SMS Hospital in Jaipur later, a police officer said.

5 killed in Rajasthan road accident

Assam: Fake currency notes worth Rs 1.85 lakh seized; 1 arrested

Assam: Fake currency notes worth Rs 1.85 lakh seized; 1 arrested
The police in Assam have seized fake currency notes worth Rs 1,85,000 and also arrested one person in this connection, an official said on Thursday. An official said that the Special Task Force (STF) conducted an operation based on specific input in the Puberun Path area in Guwahati.

Assam: Fake currency notes worth Rs 1.85 lakh seized; 1 arrested

CM Mann allowed use of tear gas against Punjab farmers: Sukhbir Badal

CM Mann allowed use of tear gas against Punjab farmers: Sukhbir Badal
Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) President Sukhbir Badal on Thursday accused Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann of allowing the Centre and the Haryana government to use tear gas shells and shoot rubber bullets at farmers of Punjab to evade arrest in the multi-crore liquor scam. 

CM Mann allowed use of tear gas against Punjab farmers: Sukhbir Badal

Gurugram: 5 shooters of Lawrence Bishnoi & Rohit Godara gang arrested

Gurugram: 5 shooters of Lawrence Bishnoi & Rohit Godara gang arrested
A total of five shooters of the notorious Lawrence Bishnoi and Rohit Godara gang have been arrested here, the police said on Monday, adding weapons were also recovered from the possession of the apprehended individuals. One of the arrested shooters was working as an "internet service provider" in the Farrukhnagar area of Gurugram. Following his disclosure about others, a Special Task Force (STF) team also apprehended four other shooters.  

Gurugram: 5 shooters of Lawrence Bishnoi & Rohit Godara gang arrested

Instagram 'brothers' dupe woman of Rs 2 L in UP

Instagram 'brothers' dupe woman of Rs 2 L in UP
A woman was allegedly duped of Rs 2 lakh by three 'brothers' on Instagram after the latter befriended her, the police said. In the first such case, cyber fraudsters promised the woman wedding gifts from "brothers" and trapped her in a fraudulent scheme.

Instagram 'brothers' dupe woman of Rs 2 L in UP

56 schools in Jaipur receive bomb threat on 16th anniversary of serial blasts

56 schools in Jaipur receive bomb threat on 16th anniversary of serial blasts
Fifty-six schools in Jaipur received a bomb threat on Monday, at a time when the city observed the 16th anniversary of serial bomb blasts that rocked Rajasthan's capital, killing scores of people and injuring many others, the police said. The police team and bomb disposal squads rushed to the spot after receiving information about the bomb threats through an e-mail in the morning, following which children were also evacuated from all the schools safely.

56 schools in Jaipur receive bomb threat on 16th anniversary of serial blasts