Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
India

Massive NIA crackdown: 17 Punjab locations raided over Babbar Khalsa arms plot

Darpan News Desk IANS, 02 May, 2025 10:59 AM
  • Massive NIA crackdown: 17 Punjab locations raided over Babbar Khalsa arms plot

New Delhi, May 2 (IANS) In a major development, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) conducted extensive searches across Punjab in connection with a terror conspiracy involving Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) operatives. The raids targeted premises linked to gangster Harpreet Singh alias Happy Passian, a close associate of Pakistan-based Khalistani terrorist Harwinder Singh alias Rinda.

A total of 17 locations were searched across Gurdaspur, Batala, Ferozepur, Fazilka, Tarn Taran, Amritsar, and Faridkot. According to officials, the operation led to the recovery of several incriminating materials, including mobile phones, digital storage devices, and documents. These are currently under examination by investigators.

The searches were conducted under a case in which Happy Passian is a key accused. Now based in the United States, Passian is considered one of the main conspirators behind recent grenade attacks on police stations and posts in Punjab and Haryana. He has been declared a proclaimed offender in the ongoing investigation.

The NIA alleges that Passian is a vital link in Rinda’s cross-border terror network, which operates through international associates, including those in Pakistan. Investigators believe he has been actively recruiting operatives within India and arranging weapons, explosives, and financial support for BKI’s terror activities.

The case was registered suo motu by the NIA under the directives of the Ministry of Home Affairs. So far, five individuals have been arrested, and three have been chargesheeted under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act. Another 12 have been arraigned as accused, including Rinda, Lakhbir Singh alias Landa, and Passian himself. A total of seven accused, including the three, have been declared proclaimed offenders.

The anti-terror agency continues to probe the wider conspiracy and is analysing evidence gathered during Thursday’s raids to identify more suspects and uncover the full extent of the terror network’s operations.

Picture Courtesy: IANS

MORE India ARTICLES

'Engineered Narrative', Bengal Governor reacts to molestation charge

'Engineered Narrative', Bengal Governor reacts to molestation charge
Hours after a temporary female staff at the Raj Bhavan filed a written complaint with the police accusing West Bengal Governor C.V. Bose of 'outraging her modesty', the latter denied the charges on Thursday night, calling the accusation an attempt to gain electoral benefits.

'Engineered Narrative', Bengal Governor reacts to molestation charge

Bomb threat at schools: No cause for alarm, it seems to be a hoax call, says MHA

Bomb threat at schools: No cause for alarm, it seems to be a hoax call, says MHA
Hours after several schools in Delhi and its peripherals received bomb threats, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) said that there is no cause for alarm. “It seems to be a hoax call. Delhi Police and security agencies are following standard protocols and taking appropriate measures,” said the MHA in a statement. 

Bomb threat at schools: No cause for alarm, it seems to be a hoax call, says MHA

Salman Khan firing case: Accused gun supplier found hanging in Mumbai police lockup, declared dead

Salman Khan firing case: Accused gun supplier found hanging in Mumbai police lockup, declared dead
In a sensational development, Anuj Thapan, one of the prime accused in the firing at Salman Khan’s home, allegedly committed suicide in a Mumbai Police lockup on Wednesday, officials said. The incident took place shortly before noon at the Crime Branch lockup where the accused Thapan was lodged for investigations after he was sent to police custody till May 8.  

Salman Khan firing case: Accused gun supplier found hanging in Mumbai police lockup, declared dead

Punjab Police conducts search operations at identified drug hotspots

Punjab Police conducts search operations at identified drug hotspots
Punjab Police on Wednesday conducted a state-level Cordon and Search Operation (CASO) at identified drug hotspots and vulnerable areas in all 28 police districts. The operation was conducted on directions of Director General of Police Gaurav Yadav from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. simultaneously across the state.

Punjab Police conducts search operations at identified drug hotspots

Rajasthan govt forms 27 teams to check illegal mining in state

Rajasthan govt forms 27 teams to check illegal mining in state
The BJP-led Rajasthan government on Wednesday constituted 27 teams to take strict action against illegal mining, transportation, and storage of gravel in the state and has also directed the police and district administration to work in coordination with each other, a top government official said. 

Rajasthan govt forms 27 teams to check illegal mining in state

PM’s letters to BJP candidates, Amit Shah carry nationalistic appeal, target Congress' ‘divisive’ politics

PM’s letters to BJP candidates, Amit Shah carry nationalistic appeal, target Congress' ‘divisive’ politics
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's letter to BJP and NDA candidates ahead of the third phase of Lok Sabha elections reflects the leadership's strategic focus on countering the Congress party's narrative.  

PM’s letters to BJP candidates, Amit Shah carry nationalistic appeal, target Congress' ‘divisive’ politics