Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
India

Massive NIA crackdown: 17 Punjab locations raided over Babbar Khalsa arms plot

Darpan News Desk IANS, 02 May, 2025 10:59 AM
  • Massive NIA crackdown: 17 Punjab locations raided over Babbar Khalsa arms plot

New Delhi, May 2 (IANS) In a major development, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) conducted extensive searches across Punjab in connection with a terror conspiracy involving Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) operatives. The raids targeted premises linked to gangster Harpreet Singh alias Happy Passian, a close associate of Pakistan-based Khalistani terrorist Harwinder Singh alias Rinda.

A total of 17 locations were searched across Gurdaspur, Batala, Ferozepur, Fazilka, Tarn Taran, Amritsar, and Faridkot. According to officials, the operation led to the recovery of several incriminating materials, including mobile phones, digital storage devices, and documents. These are currently under examination by investigators.

The searches were conducted under a case in which Happy Passian is a key accused. Now based in the United States, Passian is considered one of the main conspirators behind recent grenade attacks on police stations and posts in Punjab and Haryana. He has been declared a proclaimed offender in the ongoing investigation.

The NIA alleges that Passian is a vital link in Rinda’s cross-border terror network, which operates through international associates, including those in Pakistan. Investigators believe he has been actively recruiting operatives within India and arranging weapons, explosives, and financial support for BKI’s terror activities.

The case was registered suo motu by the NIA under the directives of the Ministry of Home Affairs. So far, five individuals have been arrested, and three have been chargesheeted under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act. Another 12 have been arraigned as accused, including Rinda, Lakhbir Singh alias Landa, and Passian himself. A total of seven accused, including the three, have been declared proclaimed offenders.

The anti-terror agency continues to probe the wider conspiracy and is analysing evidence gathered during Thursday’s raids to identify more suspects and uncover the full extent of the terror network’s operations.

Picture Courtesy: IANS

MORE India ARTICLES

Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train project: 100 km of viaducts, 250 km pier work completed

Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train project: 100 km of viaducts, 250 km pier work completed
The National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) said that 100 km of viaducts were ready for the 508 km of the mega Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Corridor project while 250 km of pier work has been completed. The NHSRCL said that on November 25, 2021 first girder was launched while the first km of viaduct was completed on June 30, 2022 in a span of six months.

Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train project: 100 km of viaducts, 250 km pier work completed

Delhi Horror: Demon's street dance, firearms, knives dominate juvenile's social media

Delhi Horror: Demon's street dance, firearms, knives dominate juvenile's social media
Social media posts of the juvenile who stabbed a 17-year-old over 70 times during a street robbery here, likely hinted at his inclination towards violence or "thirst for blood". The accused minor shared videos on his social media account, displaying knives, firearms, and footage of himself within court premises portraying a criminal image, possibly fostering a misguided sense of pride.

Delhi Horror: Demon's street dance, firearms, knives dominate juvenile's social media

Man who threatened to blow up Mumbai Airport nabbed from Kerala

Man who threatened to blow up Mumbai Airport nabbed from Kerala
On Thursday, the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMIA) received an anonymous email threatening to "blow up Terminal 2 within 48 hours" if the man making the threat was not paid an amount of $1 million in Bitcoin. Following the ultimatum, the Mumbai International Airport Ltd. Lodged a complaint with the Sahar police station which swung into action.  

Man who threatened to blow up Mumbai Airport nabbed from Kerala

Punjab CM assures protesting sugarcane growers of hiking procurement rate

Punjab CM assures protesting sugarcane growers of hiking procurement rate
Facing protests by sugarcane growers, Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann on Friday assured that the state government would continue to give them highest rate in the coming times. Interacting with the media after meeting farmer unions here, he said the government has always been on top to provide rates to the sugarcane cultivators and now also this trend will be continued.  

Punjab CM assures protesting sugarcane growers of hiking procurement rate

Punjab Police to guide commuters with real-time traffic updates

Punjab Police to guide commuters with real-time traffic updates
Ahead of the launch of the 'Sadak Surakhya Force' project, the Punjab Police is all set to take help of the MapmyIndia's Mappls app, to guide commuters with real-time traffic updates and safety alerts. The 'Sadak Surakhya Force' is a special police team dedicated towards road safety and effectively chasing criminals.  

Punjab Police to guide commuters with real-time traffic updates

135 rescued from burning high-rise in South Mumbai's Byculla

135 rescued from burning high-rise in South Mumbai's Byculla
At least 135 residents trapped in a burning high-rise in south Mumbai were rescued from different floors in the early hours of Thursday, the BMC Disaster Control said. A massive blaze was reported from a MHADA Building No. 3-C at Ghodapdev in Byculla around 3.30 a.m.

135 rescued from burning high-rise in South Mumbai's Byculla