Thursday, February 19, 2026
ADVT 
India

Navy officer among tourists killed in Pahalgam terror carnage

Darpan News Desk IANS, 22 Apr, 2025 11:33 AM
  • Navy officer among tourists killed in Pahalgam terror carnage

Srinagar, April 22 (IANS) An Indian navy officer was among the tourists killed by terrorists in J&K’s Pahalgam hill station.

A defence official said, “One Indian Navy Officer, Lieutenant Vinay Narwal (aged 26 years), who was posted in Kochi, has been killed in the Pahalgam attack while he was on leave. He is a native of Haryana and got married on 16 April.”

While officials here said that the death toll in Tuesday’s terror attack will be released after the list is compiled with names and addresses of the victims, sources confirmed to IANS that 26 tourists have been killed, including two foreigners and 20 injured, including tourists and locals.

Most of the injured, who are stable, are being treated at the Pahalgam hospital, while those with critical injuries have been shifted for specialised treatment to Srinagar.

The Chamber of Commerce and Industry in the Valley and Jammu have called for a protest shutdown against the terror attack tomorrow.

Local traders, tour and travel operators and others have supported the shutdown call.

Candlelight protests were carried out by locals in Srinagar, Pahalgam, Baramulla and other places. The protesters demanded punishment for the terrorists responsible for the Pahalgam carnage.

Tuesday’s is the biggest terror attack in J&K after the 2019 Pulwama terror attack. The home minister,

Union Home Minister Amit Shah chaired a high-level security meeting at the Raj Bhawan in Srinagar.

The meeting was attended by LG Manoj Sinha, Union Home Secretary, Director IB, senior army and paramilitary officers, J&K DGP and intelligence officers.

Amit Shah is visiting the terror attack site tomorrow.

Meanwhile, a massive anti-terrorist operation is presently going on in the Pahalgam area to hunt down the terrorists responsible for today’s cowardly attack.

The Resistance Front (TRF,) an offshoot of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terror outfit, has claimed responsibility for the terror attack on unarmed, innocent tourists.

MORE India ARTICLES

Gold prices rise to 3-month high on back of safe-haven demand

Gold prices rise to 3-month high on back of safe-haven demand
Gold prices rose to a three-month high on Friday and were headed for a second consecutive weekly gain, on the back of a safe-haven demand due to the Middle East conflict and expectations that the US Federal Reserve was likely to pause rate hikes. Gold, seen as a safe store of value during times of political and financial uncertainty, has risen 2.2 per cent so far this week.

Gold prices rise to 3-month high on back of safe-haven demand

G20 action plan achieved consensus on scaling up finance for developing nations, says PM's Principal Secy

G20 action plan achieved consensus on scaling up finance for developing nations, says PM's Principal Secy
Prime Minister's Principal Secretary P.K. Mishra on Friday said that the G20 action plan has successfully managed to achieve strong consensus on scaling up financing for developing countries. Addressing the Kautilya Economic Conclave, he said that action plan envisages an ambitious 7-year roadmap for coordinated, integrated, and inclusive G20 actions.  

G20 action plan achieved consensus on scaling up finance for developing nations, says PM's Principal Secy

India ranks number one in Osteoporosis cases

India ranks number one in Osteoporosis cases
India ranks number one in the total number of osteoporosis cases, said doctors on the eve of World Osteoporosis Day. There are 1.5 million osteoporosis cases identified in men due to lack of calcium, genetics and other factors. Every year, October 20 is observed as World Osteoporosis Day which emphasises on increasing awareness about having strong bones, treatments, tips to maintain healthy bones, etc.

India ranks number one in Osteoporosis cases

Woman, two partners held for duping 11 people through dating app

Woman, two partners held for duping 11 people through dating app
A 32-year-old woman has been arrested along with two of her accomplices for allegedly duping 11 people from Delhi, Gurugram and Noida through a dating app police said. The city police nabbed Surbhi alias Sakshi alias Payal, a resident of Chawri Bazar, Delhi and his male friends Sushil, a resident of Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh and Vishal of Chawdi Bazaar in Delhi.

Woman, two partners held for duping 11 people through dating app

Gujarat crackdown: 851 raids, 105 arrests & 27 licenses revoked in statewide illicit spa operations

Gujarat crackdown: 851 raids, 105 arrests & 27 licenses revoked in statewide illicit spa operations
In an operation aimed at eradicating human trafficking under the guise of spa services and hotels, the Gujarat Police undertook simultaneous raids on 851 establishments across the state, following a directive from the Minister of State for Home, Harsh Sanghavi. The large-scale operation, initiated on October 18, resulted in 103 FIRs filed against 152 individuals, leading to the arrest of 105 suspects.  

Gujarat crackdown: 851 raids, 105 arrests & 27 licenses revoked in statewide illicit spa operations

NIA files charge sheet against Lawrence Bishnoi in Gujarat drug case

NIA files charge sheet against Lawrence Bishnoi in Gujarat drug case
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Thursday filed a supplementary charge sheet in the Special Court, Ahmedabad against jailed gangster Lawrence Bishnoi in a case involving the seizure of around 39 kg heroin by the Gujarat Police. According to the statement issued by the NIA, the charge sheet has been filed under multiple sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) along with section 66C of the Information Technology (IT) Act.   

NIA files charge sheet against Lawrence Bishnoi in Gujarat drug case