Monday, May 18, 2026
ADVT 
India

PM Modi's claims on MSP 'incorrect', says Samyukt Kisan Morcha

Darpan News Desk IANS, 19 Aug, 2021 10:26 AM
  • PM Modi's claims on MSP 'incorrect', says Samyukt Kisan Morcha

New Delhi, Aug 19 (IANS) The Samyukt Kisan Morcha on Wednesday claimed that the Independence Day announcement by Prime Minister Narendra Modi that the Minimum Support Price (MSP) has been increased by 1.5 times is incorrect and the announced MSP is not being realised by all farmers despite his commitment in the Parliament.

"Farmers of the country have realised fully that they cannot depend on the Prime Minister's hyped claims, false promises and spin-narratives, or his 'jumlas'. The hollow claims around remunerative Minimum Support Prices (MSP) stands exposed fully, in addition to the jumla on 'doubling farmers' incomes'," a release from the Morcha said.

"The undependable statements of the Prime Minister lie exposed when we look at the Agriculture Infrastructure Fund (AIF) reality, more than a year after the pompous announcement. AIF is a 13-year scheme with disbursements till 2023-24. As on August 6, 2021, only Rs 4,503 crore has been sanctioned under AIF for 6,524 projects including 'in-principle' sanctions (4.5 per cent of the so-called 'sanction' announced last year itself). As per a Rajya Sabha response on July 23, 2021, only Rs 746 crore has been disbursed (0.75 per cent of the grand announcement)," the Morcha claimed.

On the 'National Mission on Edible Oils and Oil Palm' with an outlay of Rs 8,844 crore announced on Wednesday, the release said that the emphasis on oil palm cultivation is of concern to many, from health and environmental points of view, apart from corporations such as Patanjali ready to capture the market. "What is striking, however, is that Modi government's mission on edible oils has no solutions placed on the market front for the farmers," it said.

The Samyukt Kisan Morcha also warned that Punjab farmers' unions have announced a protest on Thursday during which they will block rail and road traffic on Jalandhar Highway, as sugarcane farmers of the state have been agitating for payment of pending arrears of more than Rs 200 crore due to them from the last crushing season.

MORE India ARTICLES

Renowned Yoga Guru Bharat Thakur To Set Up Yoga Centre In Kashmir

Renowned yoga guru Bharat Thakur on Monday said he will invest in setting up an "Artistic Yoga" centre and retreat in the Kashmir Valley in partnership with local entrepreneurs and start a venture under the skill development programme of the Central government.  

Renowned Yoga Guru Bharat Thakur To Set Up Yoga Centre In Kashmir

Shweta Tiwari Files Domestic Violence Case Against Husband Abhinav Kohli

He used filthy language with the woman and showed her obscene photos of models on mobile phone on several occasions since October 2017, an official said.

Shweta Tiwari Files Domestic Violence Case Against Husband Abhinav Kohli

Govt Wouldn't Have Scrapped Article 370 If J&K Was Hindu-dominated, Says Chidambaram; BJP Hits Back

P Chidambaram said that in the 70-year history of the nation, there has never been an example of a state being reduced to a Union Territory and it has always been the opposite.

Govt Wouldn't Have Scrapped Article 370 If J&K Was Hindu-dominated, Says Chidambaram; BJP Hits Back

My Family Descended From Lord Ram's Son, Kush: BJP MP Diya Kumari

BJP MP Diya Kumari, a member of the erstwhile Jaipur royal family, claimed on Sunday that her family has descended from Lord Ram's son Kush, days after the Supreme Court sought to know whether anyone from the ''Raghuvansha'' was still residing in Ayodhya.

My Family Descended From Lord Ram's Son, Kush: BJP MP Diya Kumari

Amit Shah Might Visit Srinagar To Unfurl Tricolour At Lal Chowk On Aug 15

In what could be yet another historical move, Union Home Minister Amit Shah might airdash to Srinagar to unfurl the Tricolour at Lal Chowk on Independence Day, August 15.

Amit Shah Might Visit Srinagar To Unfurl Tricolour At Lal Chowk On Aug 15

Delhi Airport Operations Affected For 70 Minutes After Hoax Bomb Threat

Delhi Airport Operations Affected For 70 Minutes After Hoax Bomb Threat
Delhi Airport departure area was immediately evacuated and all passengers were moved at Gate No. 4 at departure level, while arriving passengers were on hold inside aircraft, the officials said.  

Delhi Airport Operations Affected For 70 Minutes After Hoax Bomb Threat