Thursday, May 21, 2026
ADVT 
India

PM Modi's claims on MSP 'incorrect', says Samyukt Kisan Morcha

Darpan News Desk IANS, 19 Aug, 2021 10:26 AM
  • PM Modi's claims on MSP 'incorrect', says Samyukt Kisan Morcha

New Delhi, Aug 19 (IANS) The Samyukt Kisan Morcha on Wednesday claimed that the Independence Day announcement by Prime Minister Narendra Modi that the Minimum Support Price (MSP) has been increased by 1.5 times is incorrect and the announced MSP is not being realised by all farmers despite his commitment in the Parliament.

"Farmers of the country have realised fully that they cannot depend on the Prime Minister's hyped claims, false promises and spin-narratives, or his 'jumlas'. The hollow claims around remunerative Minimum Support Prices (MSP) stands exposed fully, in addition to the jumla on 'doubling farmers' incomes'," a release from the Morcha said.

"The undependable statements of the Prime Minister lie exposed when we look at the Agriculture Infrastructure Fund (AIF) reality, more than a year after the pompous announcement. AIF is a 13-year scheme with disbursements till 2023-24. As on August 6, 2021, only Rs 4,503 crore has been sanctioned under AIF for 6,524 projects including 'in-principle' sanctions (4.5 per cent of the so-called 'sanction' announced last year itself). As per a Rajya Sabha response on July 23, 2021, only Rs 746 crore has been disbursed (0.75 per cent of the grand announcement)," the Morcha claimed.

On the 'National Mission on Edible Oils and Oil Palm' with an outlay of Rs 8,844 crore announced on Wednesday, the release said that the emphasis on oil palm cultivation is of concern to many, from health and environmental points of view, apart from corporations such as Patanjali ready to capture the market. "What is striking, however, is that Modi government's mission on edible oils has no solutions placed on the market front for the farmers," it said.

The Samyukt Kisan Morcha also warned that Punjab farmers' unions have announced a protest on Thursday during which they will block rail and road traffic on Jalandhar Highway, as sugarcane farmers of the state have been agitating for payment of pending arrears of more than Rs 200 crore due to them from the last crushing season.

MORE India ARTICLES

'Personally Affected' By Rahul Gandhi's Resignation: AICC Secretary Quits

With this, Kuljit Singh Nagra joined a list of Congress leaders who have resigned from party posts over the last few days in solidarity with Rahul Gandhi.  

'Personally Affected' By Rahul Gandhi's Resignation: AICC Secretary Quits

Delhi Man, 26, Allegedly Slits Mother's Throat, Surrenders Before Police

The accused, identified as Deepak, suspected to be under the influence of alcohol, slit the throat of his mother with a kitchen knife following a quarrel, police said.

Delhi Man, 26, Allegedly Slits Mother's Throat, Surrenders Before Police

Inspired By Movie Baby Driver, Delhi Men Try To Rob Bank; Arrested

The accused, identified as Prabhjot Singh, 25 and Sukhdev Singh, 19, were arrested while a third person, Inderjeet, who had brought the pistol used to commit the crime, has been on the run, they said.  

Inspired By Movie Baby Driver, Delhi Men Try To Rob Bank; Arrested

Amarinder Singh Rejects Centre’s Formula On SC Scholarship Scheme

Rejecting as totally inadequate the new proposed 60:40 fund-sharing pattern of the Union Social Justice and Empowerment Ministry for the SC Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme, Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh has demanded restoration of the old sharing scheme, under which states had to finance about 10% only.

Amarinder Singh Rejects Centre’s Formula On SC Scholarship Scheme

29 Killed, 17 Injured As Up Bus Falls Into Nullah In Agra’s Yamuna Expressway

At least 29 passengers were killed and 17 injured when a Delhi-bound UPSRTC Janrath bus fell into a water-filled nullah along the Yamuna Expressway in Agra, UP, early on Monday morning.

29 Killed, 17 Injured As Up Bus Falls Into Nullah In Agra’s Yamuna Expressway

Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express Set To Be First Train To Be Run By Private Operators

Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express Set To Be First Train To Be Run By Private Operators
The Railway Board is deliberating on a second such route, which also would be within the 500-km distance range.

Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express Set To Be First Train To Be Run By Private Operators