Chandigarh, May 30 (IANS) The Punjab Police's Anti Gangster Task Force (AGTF) has unraveled the conspiracy and established the role of 10 accused and shooters of the Bambiha gang in the killing of gangster Jarnail Singh in Amritsar Rural, Director General of Police Gaurav Yadav said on Tuesday.
Releasing the photos of the accused on Punjab Police's Twitter handle, Yadav said raids are on to arrest the accused.
"The police is fully committed to destroy the criminals network as per directions of Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann," he added.
Jarnail Singh was shot dead at Sathiala village in broad daylight by three masked assailants on May 24.
Belonging to the Gopi Ghamshampuriya gang, he was out on bail.
The armed assailants fired 20-25 bullets at Jarnail Singh, who was taken to a nearby hospital where doctors declared him dead.
The shooters were hired by jailed gangster Lawrence Bishnoi, the main conspirator who confessed that the execution planning of Moosewala was hatched in August last year to avenge the murder of Vicky Middukhera.
The compliance of the action taken by the operator is verified during the next audit and surveillance. In case of any violations or non-compliance to regulations detected during audit and surveillance, enforcement action including financial penalty is imposed by the DGCA.
Former Union Minister P. Chidambaram said his party is protesting the ED summons to Sonia Gandhi. "The AJL-Young India transaction is recorded in the books of account, the returns filed by the two companies and in the Income Tax returns. All that the ED wants to know can be found in the records," he said.
During a meeting with Punjab DGP Gaurav Yadav and other officers, who called on him at his official residence here, Mann said that gangsters and drug peddlers were patronised by the previous governments.
The accused were identified as Neelam (35), Sunita (35), Neeta (34) and Savitri (34). DCP (Dwarka) M. Harsh Wardhan said the staff of Anti-Narcotics Cell received a secret information that some women sell drugs at Indira market near Anaj Mandi, Najafgarh.
According to the official, the main accused, Abhishek Chhabra was running the fake call-centre for the last one month. The victims of the scam are mainly the people residing in the foreign countries.