Thursday, May 21, 2026
ADVT 
India

Punjab provides 31,970 stubble management machines

Darpan News Desk IANS, 15 Sep, 2021 11:43 AM
  • Punjab provides 31,970 stubble management machines

Chandigarh, Sep 15 (IANS) To combat stubble burning, the Punjab government under the Crop Residue Management scheme has provided 31,970 machines to farmers, primary agriculture cooperatives societies, panchayats and customer hiring centres, state Agriculture Sukhdev Singh Sidhu said on Wednesday.

He said the Agriculture and Farmers' Welfare Department has given approval to 10,297 applications till date for purchasing of 31,970 agri-machines or equipment to combat the menace of stubble burning.

According to Sidhu, the department has issued sanctions under five phases for purchasing the straw management machines with subsidies ranging from 50 to 80 per cent.

He said 76,626 straw management machines were given on subsidy to the farmers in the past three years.

Patiala, Sangrur, Barnala, Bathinda, Ferozepur, Muktsar Sahib, Tarn Taran, Moga and Mansa were identified as the hotspot districts, where most of the paddy stubble burning cases were reported in the past.

He said the state was also making all-out efforts to deploy a special task force for enforcement and regulatory measures in these districts so as to ensure the prevention of stubble burning incidents in the ensuing paddy harvesting season.

Under the Crop Residue Management scheme, the state government has focused on delivering state-of-the-art machines to farmers, including Super SMS, Super Seeder, Happy Seeder, Paddy Straw Chopper, Hydraulic Reversible Mould Board Plough and Zero Till Drill, for in-situ management.

 

 

MORE India ARTICLES

10 soldiers released by China after the worst clash in decades

10 soldiers released by China after the worst clash in decades
10 Indian soldiers have been released after three rounds of talks and intense negotiations through diplomatic and military channels. The Indian soldiers were detained by the Chinese side during the violent brawl of June 15 in Galwan Valley.

10 soldiers released by China after the worst clash in decades

Are we at the brink of a war, in the India-China standoff?

Are we at the brink of a war, in the India-China standoff?
The worst clash in decades saw 20 Indian soldiers killed in the India China border conflict. Darpan brings you some of the latest developments in this ongoing story. 

Are we at the brink of a war, in the India-China standoff?

Escalating tensions on the disputed India-China border claims the lives of 20 Indian troops

Escalating tensions on the disputed India-China border claims the lives of 20 Indian troops
According to Indian officials, at least 20 Indian soldiers were killed in a clash with Chinese forces in a disputed Himalayan border area. The incident follows rising tensions, and is the first deadly clash in the border area in at least over 4 decades. The Indian army initially said three of its soldiers had been killed, adding that both sides suffered casualties.

Escalating tensions on the disputed India-China border claims the lives of 20 Indian troops

NalandaWay: When Art Becomes A Way Of Life

NalandaWay: When Art Becomes A Way Of Life
The objective is to help kids ‘achieve through arts’ (ATA)

NalandaWay: When Art Becomes A Way Of Life

India, Australia sign historic agreement to help each others military bases

India, Australia sign historic agreement to help each others military bases
India and Australia penned a landmark agreement for reciprocal access to military bases for logistics support besides firming up six more pacts to further broaden ties after Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Australian counterpart PM Scott Morrison held an online summit. 

India, Australia sign historic agreement to help each others military bases

Jessica Lal murder case convict Manu Sharma released from prison

Jessica Lal murder case convict Manu Sharma released from prison
Siddharta Vashishtha, also known as Manu Sharma, the convict in the Jessica Lal murder case was released from Tihar Jail on Tuesday. Sandeep Goel, Director-General of Tihar Jail, said: “He was released on the recommendations of the Sentence Reviewing Board meeting. The entire process has been carried out.”

Jessica Lal murder case convict Manu Sharma released from prison