Saturday, February 21, 2026
ADVT 
India

Rajasthan Police issues advisory on cyber fraud ahead of festive season

Darpan News Desk IANS, 13 Dec, 2024 12:00 PM
  • Rajasthan Police issues advisory on cyber fraud ahead of festive season

Jaipur, Dec 13 (IANS) Rajasthan Police on Friday issued an advisory to alert residents about potential cyber frauds ahead of the festive season - Christmas and New Year.

The advisory warns against scams involving congratulatory messages, gift links, and fake updates related to PAN cards.

Director General of Police (Cyber Crime), Hemant Priyadarshi, emphasised that public awareness is crucial in preventing cybercrimes.

He noted that fraudsters often exploit occasions like Christmas and New Year by sharing malicious links on platforms such as WhatsApp, Instagram, Telegram, and Facebook.

“These links may claim to offer gifts or facilitate the upgrade of PAN cards, but they are designed to defraud unsuspecting users,” said DGP Priyadarshi.

DGP Priyadarshi further highlighted that clicking on these links could expose devices to malware, putting personal and financial information at risk.

He urged the public to avoid engaging with such links or falling for enticing offers from unknown sources.

The advisory also flagged a new tactic used by cybercriminals involving the supposed upgrade to a digital PAN card (PAN 2.0).

The DGP also clarified that no such initiative has been launched by the Central government.

He advised citizens to rely solely on the official Income Tax Department website) for any PAN-related updates or applications.

Residents who fall victim to cyber fraud are urged to act promptly by reporting the incident through the cyber helpline number 1930, the cybercrime portal or their nearest police station.

 

MORE India ARTICLES

Woman running sextortion racket held in Delhi

Woman running sextortion racket held in Delhi
A woman, who used to get false gang-rape FIRs lodged against people to extort money and had been running a sextortion gang, was arrested in Delhi's Dwarka area, police said on Monday.  So far four such cases against various persons in Delhi and Haryana have surfaced.

Woman running sextortion racket held in Delhi

Punjab court stays release of Moosewala's song 'Jaandi Vaar'

Punjab court stays release of Moosewala's song 'Jaandi Vaar'
The order came after arguments at length before the district court of Mansa on the plea of the parents of Moosewala, who were successful in securing an ex-parte ad-interim order against Salim Sadruddin Moledina Merchant and Sulaiman Sadruddin Moledina Merchant, popularly known as Salim-Sulaiman.

Punjab court stays release of Moosewala's song 'Jaandi Vaar'

Release Rs 300 cr package for dairy farmers, Sukhbir to Punjab govt

Release Rs 300 cr package for dairy farmers, Sukhbir to Punjab govt
Asserting that the dairy sector had been strengthened in Punjab over the last few decades with the aim of increasing farm income through allied activities, Badal said then Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal even entrusted this responsibility to the state farmers' commission formed by him.

Release Rs 300 cr package for dairy farmers, Sukhbir to Punjab govt

CBI to examine Manish Sisodia's bank locker on Aug 30

CBI to examine Manish Sisodia's bank locker on Aug 30
The allegations against Sisodia is that liquor businessmen were allegedly given exemption of Rs 30 crore. The licence holders were allegedly given extension according to their own will. The policy rules were made by violating excise rules.

CBI to examine Manish Sisodia's bank locker on Aug 30

Post twin towers demolition, 45 lakh litres water used to remove dust

Post twin towers demolition, 45 lakh litres water used to remove dust
According to the information received from the authority, the capacity of a tanker is about 10,000 litres. In such a situation, 45 lakh litres of water has been used so far. Work is still going on at many places. As thick layer of dust had accumulated all around, especially in the surrounding green belt, work for removing it from the trees and roads is in full swing. 

Post twin towers demolition, 45 lakh litres water used to remove dust

Pizza delivery man shot for refusing to accept torn note

Pizza delivery man shot for refusing to accept torn note
The victim, Sachin Kashyap, was rushed to a district hospital, from where he was taken to a specialised medical centre in Bareilly.  His condition is said to be critical. SHO of Sadar Bazar, Amit Pandey said an FIR has been registered against the accused, Nadeem Khan, 27 and his brother Naeem, 29.

Pizza delivery man shot for refusing to accept torn note