Sunday, May 17, 2026
ADVT 
India

RG Kar rape & murder case: CBI submits 4th status report to trial court

Darpan News Desk IANS, 10 Jun, 2025 12:03 PM
  • RG Kar rape & murder case: CBI submits 4th status report to trial court

Kolkata, June 10 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday submitted its fourth status report on its investigation of the larger conspiracy behind R.G. Kar rape and murder tragedy at the trial court in Kolkata. 

In the previous status reports, the CBI had named a number of individuals whose statements were recorded by the investigating officials in the matter.

In the first two status reports, the CBI mentioned a total of 36 names, whose statements were recorded by the investigating officials, out of whom 24 were named in the first status report and the remaining 12 were named in the second status report.

The trial court judge on Tuesday directed the CBI to submit the next and the fourth status report on the matter, along with the detailed documents of the recorded statements of these 36 individuals.

The judge also advised the CBI to take the basic matter seriously that an on-duty woman doctor was raped and murdered at her workplace.

Meanwhile, the counsel of the victim’s family members accused the CBI of playing with words in their subsequent status reports. "The contents of the fourth status report submitted today are nothing but copy-pastes of the previous status reports," the counsel argued, and sought that the CBI should conduct custodial interrogations of those who interacted with the victim immediately before the crime.

The body of the victim doctor of state-run R.G. Kar Medical College & Hospital in Kolkata, was recovered from the seminar room within the hospital premises on the morning of August 9 last year.

So far, only one individual, civic volunteer Sanjay Roy, has been convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment in the case. The victim’s parents had been claiming since the beginning that Roy was not the only culprit behind the macabre crime.

They have also accused the CBI of conducting the probe in a lackadaisical manner since the beginning.

Picture Courtesy: IANS

MORE India ARTICLES

Liquor valued at Rs 42 lakh seized at Goa border

Liquor valued at Rs 42 lakh seized at Goa border
Goa Excise officials on Wednesday seized 720 boxes of liquor valued at Rs 42 lakh at Goa-Maharashtra border, allegedly being transported to Maharashtra. Excise Inspector Rajesh Naik, told IANS, that the seizure was done at Patradevi check post in the north district of the coastal state.  

Liquor valued at Rs 42 lakh seized at Goa border

Child trafficking gang busted in Delhi, two infants rescued

Child trafficking gang busted in Delhi, two infants rescued
Two infants were rescued and four members, including a married couple, of a child trafficking gang were arrested, a Delhi Police official said on Wednesday. The gang, after luring poor families, used to take away their children and sell them to others, police said. The accused were identified as Gurmeet Singh, 41, his wife Hasmeet Kaur, 37, Mariyam, 30, and Naina, 24, all residents of Delhi.

Child trafficking gang busted in Delhi, two infants rescued

A phone call from PM Modi at 2.30 AM: Social worker recalls morale-boosting experience during Covid

A phone call from PM Modi at 2.30 AM: Social worker recalls morale-boosting experience during Covid
Jitender Singh Shunty, a former legislator and social worker on Wednesday recalled a morale-booster phone call from Prime Minister Narendra Modi during the Covid-19 pandemic and revealed how the ‘words of appreciation’ motivated him to do more social service. Modi Story, a popular X handle, shared the moving story of the social worker who received a phone call from PM Modi at 2.30 AM for his selfless work during the pandemic.

A phone call from PM Modi at 2.30 AM: Social worker recalls morale-boosting experience during Covid

'Time used for purposes other than legal interviews': Delhi court dismisses CM Kejriwal's plea seeking more time with lawyer

'Time used for purposes other than legal interviews': Delhi court dismisses CM Kejriwal's plea seeking more time with lawyer
Special Judge Kaveri Baweja of Rouse Avenue Court held that Kejriwal is not even utilising the permitted two legal interviews per week with his counsel solely for discussing his pending litigations and has rather used the allotted time for purposes other than legal interviews. She dismissed the plea, observing that Kejriwal failed to satisfy this court that he has been using the two permitted legal meetings per week solely for the purpose of discussing the pending litigation with his counsel.

'Time used for purposes other than legal interviews': Delhi court dismisses CM Kejriwal's plea seeking more time with lawyer

Akali Dal chief seeks judicial probe into Punjab liquor scam too

Akali Dal chief seeks judicial probe into Punjab liquor scam too
President Sukhbir Badal on Wednesday demanded a judicial probe into the Punjab "liquor scam" as well as the misuse of state resources to fund the Aam Aadmi Party’s election campaign in various states. His demand came following the Delhi High Court rejecting Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal’s petition challenging his arrest by the ED.

Akali Dal chief seeks judicial probe into Punjab liquor scam too

Will announce Ludhiana, Jalandhar candidates on April 16: Punjab CM

Will announce Ludhiana, Jalandhar candidates on April 16: Punjab CM
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) will announce its Lok Sabha candidates for Ludhiana and Jalandhar on April 16, AAP Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann said on Wednesday. The AAP has already announced nine Lok Sabha candidates in Punjab.

Will announce Ludhiana, Jalandhar candidates on April 16: Punjab CM