Monday, May 18, 2026
ADVT 
India

RG Kar rape & murder case: CBI submits 4th status report to trial court

Darpan News Desk IANS, 10 Jun, 2025 12:03 PM
  • RG Kar rape & murder case: CBI submits 4th status report to trial court

Kolkata, June 10 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday submitted its fourth status report on its investigation of the larger conspiracy behind R.G. Kar rape and murder tragedy at the trial court in Kolkata. 

In the previous status reports, the CBI had named a number of individuals whose statements were recorded by the investigating officials in the matter.

In the first two status reports, the CBI mentioned a total of 36 names, whose statements were recorded by the investigating officials, out of whom 24 were named in the first status report and the remaining 12 were named in the second status report.

The trial court judge on Tuesday directed the CBI to submit the next and the fourth status report on the matter, along with the detailed documents of the recorded statements of these 36 individuals.

The judge also advised the CBI to take the basic matter seriously that an on-duty woman doctor was raped and murdered at her workplace.

Meanwhile, the counsel of the victim’s family members accused the CBI of playing with words in their subsequent status reports. "The contents of the fourth status report submitted today are nothing but copy-pastes of the previous status reports," the counsel argued, and sought that the CBI should conduct custodial interrogations of those who interacted with the victim immediately before the crime.

The body of the victim doctor of state-run R.G. Kar Medical College & Hospital in Kolkata, was recovered from the seminar room within the hospital premises on the morning of August 9 last year.

So far, only one individual, civic volunteer Sanjay Roy, has been convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment in the case. The victim’s parents had been claiming since the beginning that Roy was not the only culprit behind the macabre crime.

They have also accused the CBI of conducting the probe in a lackadaisical manner since the beginning.

Picture Courtesy: IANS

MORE India ARTICLES

Development projects worth thousands of crores sanctioned for TN in last 10 years: PM Modi

Development projects worth thousands of crores sanctioned for TN in last 10 years: PM Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday said that development projects worth thousands of crores of rupees have been sanctioned for Tamil Nadu in the last 10 years since the BJP-led government came to power at the Centre. He said that several genuine demands of the people of Tamil Nadu that had remained just dreams for decades during the previous United Progressive Alliance's regime have started becoming reality over the last 10 years.  

Development projects worth thousands of crores sanctioned for TN in last 10 years: PM Modi

Kisan Congress takes out rally in Hyderabad in support of agitating farmers

Kisan Congress takes out rally in Hyderabad in support of agitating farmers
The Kisan Congress Cell organised a rally in Hyderabad on Wednesday in support of the farmers protesting near Delhi to demand a legal guarantee for Minimum Support Price (MSP). The Telangana unit of Kisan Congress cell took out a rally from L.B. Stadium in the heart of the city to Indira Gandhi statue at Necklace Road on the banks of Hussain Sagar lake.

Kisan Congress takes out rally in Hyderabad in support of agitating farmers

Gurugram Police nab 7 cyber fraudsters accused of duping people of Rs 20.28cr

Gurugram Police nab 7 cyber fraudsters accused of duping people of Rs 20.28cr
The Gurugram Police have arrested seven cyber fraudsters including a minor and a woman for allegedly duping people across the country of Rs 20.28 crore, an official said. The arrested individuals have been identified as Deepmala, Satpal, Suresh, Jai Prakash, Mohammed Murshid, and Nazakat Ali.

Gurugram Police nab 7 cyber fraudsters accused of duping people of Rs 20.28cr

Protesting farmers suspend 'Delhi Chalo' protest till Friday

Protesting farmers suspend 'Delhi Chalo' protest till Friday
Farmers on Wednesday announced to suspend the 'Delhi Chalo' march for two days, and will decide their next course of action on Friday evening. The decision was announced by farmers' leader Sarwan Singh Pandher while addressing the media.

Protesting farmers suspend 'Delhi Chalo' protest till Friday

Medicines worth Rs 52L seized at Delhi airport, three held

Medicines worth Rs 52L seized at Delhi airport, three held
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) has detected huge quantities of different medicines valued around Rs 52 lakh from three passengers, who were bound for Kabul via Sharjah by Air Arabia Airlines, an official said on Tuesday. Sharing the details, the CISF official said that on Monday, at 4.10 p.m., on the basis of behaviour detection, the surveillance and intelligence staff noticed suspicious activities of three passengers at the check-in area, Terminal-3 of IGI Airport.

Medicines worth Rs 52L seized at Delhi airport, three held

Punjab CM hails SC order to declare AAP councillor as Chandigarh Mayor

Punjab CM hails SC order to declare AAP councillor as Chandigarh Mayor
At last, the truth prevailed, remarked Punjab Chief Minister and AAP leader Bhagwant Mann on Tuesday, thanking the Supreme Court for its verdict on the Chandigarh mayoral polls. The BJP won the mayoral polls on January 30 defeating the AAP-Congress alliance candidate after the returning officer declared as invalid eight votes of the coalition partners, drawing accusations of tampering with ballots.  

Punjab CM hails SC order to declare AAP councillor as Chandigarh Mayor