Thursday, May 21, 2026
ADVT 
India

RG Kar rape & murder case: CBI submits 4th status report to trial court

Darpan News Desk IANS, 10 Jun, 2025 12:03 PM
  • RG Kar rape & murder case: CBI submits 4th status report to trial court

Kolkata, June 10 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday submitted its fourth status report on its investigation of the larger conspiracy behind R.G. Kar rape and murder tragedy at the trial court in Kolkata. 

In the previous status reports, the CBI had named a number of individuals whose statements were recorded by the investigating officials in the matter.

In the first two status reports, the CBI mentioned a total of 36 names, whose statements were recorded by the investigating officials, out of whom 24 were named in the first status report and the remaining 12 were named in the second status report.

The trial court judge on Tuesday directed the CBI to submit the next and the fourth status report on the matter, along with the detailed documents of the recorded statements of these 36 individuals.

The judge also advised the CBI to take the basic matter seriously that an on-duty woman doctor was raped and murdered at her workplace.

Meanwhile, the counsel of the victim’s family members accused the CBI of playing with words in their subsequent status reports. "The contents of the fourth status report submitted today are nothing but copy-pastes of the previous status reports," the counsel argued, and sought that the CBI should conduct custodial interrogations of those who interacted with the victim immediately before the crime.

The body of the victim doctor of state-run R.G. Kar Medical College & Hospital in Kolkata, was recovered from the seminar room within the hospital premises on the morning of August 9 last year.

So far, only one individual, civic volunteer Sanjay Roy, has been convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment in the case. The victim’s parents had been claiming since the beginning that Roy was not the only culprit behind the macabre crime.

They have also accused the CBI of conducting the probe in a lackadaisical manner since the beginning.

Picture Courtesy: IANS

MORE India ARTICLES

MP firecracker factory blast: Death toll mounts to 11, search operation underway

MP firecracker factory blast: Death toll mounts to 11, search operation underway
The death toll in the fire incident in Madhya Pradesh’s Harda district on Tuesday rose to 11, while around 200 others are being treated after sustaining burn injuries. The severity of the blast in a firecracker factory was captured in a video, showing debris striking people filming the incident, highlighting the chaotic aftermath of the explosion.

MP firecracker factory blast: Death toll mounts to 11, search operation underway

Delhi govt announces free bus travel for transgender community

Delhi govt announces free bus travel for transgender community
Delhi government on Monday announced free bus travel for the transgender community in the national capital. Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said that a proposal will soon be passed in the Cabinet to implement the new scheme. Just as women can travel free in buses in the national capital, the transgender community will also be granted free tickets from now onwards.

Delhi govt announces free bus travel for transgender community

Jammu-Srinagar highway partially opened

Jammu-Srinagar highway partially opened
After remaining closed for a day due to shooting stones triggered by rains and snow between Ramsoo and Banihal, the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway has been partially opened for vehicular traffic, officials said on Friday. The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway is the lifeline of the Kashmir Valley and the main road link connecting Kashmir with the rest of the country, used by trucks laden with essential supplies and other vehicles.

Jammu-Srinagar highway partially opened

PM Modi to lay foundation for NLC India's 2,400 MW Odisha power project

PM Modi to lay foundation for NLC India's 2,400 MW Odisha power project
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday will be laying the foundation stone for the first phase of the 3,200 MW pit head green field thermal power project in Odisha being built by the integrated lignite/coal mining and power generation company NLC India Ltd, said a top company official. He also said the company plans a capital expenditure of about Rs 40,000 crore next fiscal and the lignite to methanol project is expected to be operational in 2027-28 and would produce 1,200 tonnes per day.

PM Modi to lay foundation for NLC India's 2,400 MW Odisha power project

Cash, gold worth about Rs 17 crore seized in Andhra Pradesh

Cash, gold worth about Rs 17 crore seized in Andhra Pradesh
Unaccounted cash, gold, and silver worth nearly Rs 17 crore have been seized in Andhra Pradesh ahead of simultaneous elections to the state Assembly and Lok Sabha. During the checking at different places, the police have seized the cash and other valuables in in Tirupati, Potti Sriramulu Nellore, and Kurnool districts since Thursday.

Cash, gold worth about Rs 17 crore seized in Andhra Pradesh

Himachal factory fire: 24 workers sustain burn injuries

Himachal factory fire: 24 workers sustain burn injuries
At least 24 workers of a factory sustained burn injuries after a massive fire broke out on Friday at a cosmetic product manufacturing unit in Himachal Pradesh's industrial hub Baddi in the state's Solan district. The fire incident happened at the 'Aroma Cosmetic' factory in Jharmajri village. Four of the injured individuals have been referred to the PGI in Chandigarh.  

Himachal factory fire: 24 workers sustain burn injuries