Friday, May 22, 2026
ADVT 
India

RG Kar rape & murder case: CBI submits 4th status report to trial court

Darpan News Desk IANS, 10 Jun, 2025 12:03 PM
  • RG Kar rape & murder case: CBI submits 4th status report to trial court

Kolkata, June 10 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday submitted its fourth status report on its investigation of the larger conspiracy behind R.G. Kar rape and murder tragedy at the trial court in Kolkata. 

In the previous status reports, the CBI had named a number of individuals whose statements were recorded by the investigating officials in the matter.

In the first two status reports, the CBI mentioned a total of 36 names, whose statements were recorded by the investigating officials, out of whom 24 were named in the first status report and the remaining 12 were named in the second status report.

The trial court judge on Tuesday directed the CBI to submit the next and the fourth status report on the matter, along with the detailed documents of the recorded statements of these 36 individuals.

The judge also advised the CBI to take the basic matter seriously that an on-duty woman doctor was raped and murdered at her workplace.

Meanwhile, the counsel of the victim’s family members accused the CBI of playing with words in their subsequent status reports. "The contents of the fourth status report submitted today are nothing but copy-pastes of the previous status reports," the counsel argued, and sought that the CBI should conduct custodial interrogations of those who interacted with the victim immediately before the crime.

The body of the victim doctor of state-run R.G. Kar Medical College & Hospital in Kolkata, was recovered from the seminar room within the hospital premises on the morning of August 9 last year.

So far, only one individual, civic volunteer Sanjay Roy, has been convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment in the case. The victim’s parents had been claiming since the beginning that Roy was not the only culprit behind the macabre crime.

They have also accused the CBI of conducting the probe in a lackadaisical manner since the beginning.

Picture Courtesy: IANS

MORE India ARTICLES

Govt issues guidelines for coaching centres; violators to face penalties of up to Rs 1 lakh

Govt issues guidelines for coaching centres; violators to face penalties of up to Rs 1 lakh
The Ministry of Education has issued guidelines for regulation of coaching centers, underlining that instructions were framed by keeping that well-being of students at the forefront, an official said on Thursday. These guidelines prioritise students' mental wellness, fair practices, and inclusivity. If any coaching centre breaches the guidelines, it can be fined up to Rs 1 lakh.    

Govt issues guidelines for coaching centres; violators to face penalties of up to Rs 1 lakh

Over 110 flights delayed as fog continues in Delhi

Over 110 flights delayed as fog continues in Delhi
Over 110 international and domestic flights were delayed while around 25 were cancelled in the last 10 hours as a thick layer of fog blanketed Delhi, as per airport sources. The weatherman said that the visibility at Palam dropped to 300 metres at around 11 p.m. on Tuesday, which continued over the night and at 8:30 a.m Wednesday it was 600 metres.

Over 110 flights delayed as fog continues in Delhi

AAP will contest alone on all 13 parliamentary seats in Punjab: Mann

AAP will contest alone on all 13 parliamentary seats in Punjab: Mann
The INDIA bloc -- a coalition of 26 opposition parties, which aims to take on NDA- led by BJP -- is currently engaged in seat sharing talks. AAP is also a constituent and its senior leadership are presently holding talks with the Congress to finalise seat sharing in Punjab and Delhi.  Interestingly, AAP and Congress -- this week -- stitched an alliance to contest the January 18 mayoral post in Chandigarh as allies.

AAP will contest alone on all 13 parliamentary seats in Punjab: Mann

Delhi court sends Hizbul terrorist involved in 11 attacks to 14-day judicial custody

Delhi court sends Hizbul terrorist involved in 11 attacks to 14-day judicial custody
A Delhi court on Wednesday sent Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist, Javed Ahmed Mattoo, allegedly involved in 11 terror attack cases in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K), to 14-day judicial custody. The Special Cell of Delhi Police in coordination with other agencies on January 4 arrested the 'A++ category' terrorist, who carried a reward of Rs 10 lakh for his involvement in a series of terror attacks in J&K.

Delhi court sends Hizbul terrorist involved in 11 attacks to 14-day judicial custody

Gurugram hotel murder: Cops recover weapon used to kill Divya Pahuja

Gurugram hotel murder: Cops recover weapon used to kill Divya Pahuja
Divya, 27, was shot dead by Abhijeet Singh, the owner of Hotel City Point where she was staying. According to the police, Divya and Abhijeet were in a relationship. He shot her dead on January 2 in a fit of rage after she refused to delete some of his objectionable photographs from her mobile phone.

Gurugram hotel murder: Cops recover weapon used to kill Divya Pahuja

PM Modi to lay foundation of projects worth Rs 2K cr in Maharashtra

PM Modi to lay foundation of projects worth Rs 2K cr in Maharashtra
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lay the foundation of projects worth Rs 2,000 crores in Maharashtra. He will also dedicate more than 90,000 houses completed under PMAY-Urban in Maharashtra. According to the Prime Minister's Office (PMO), PM Modi will visit Maharashtra, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu on January 19.

PM Modi to lay foundation of projects worth Rs 2K cr in Maharashtra