Wednesday, May 20, 2026
ADVT 
India

Uninterrupted power supply in UP for 24 hours from today

Darpan News Desk IANS, 22 Jan, 2024 04:05 PM
  • Uninterrupted power supply in UP for 24 hours from today

Lucknow, Jan 22 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh will get uninterrupted power supply for 24 hours on Monday in view of the programmes scheduled for the Pran Pratishtha ceremony at the Ram temple in Ayodhya.

According to orders issued by UPPCL chairman Ashish Kumar Goel, “Over the next 24 hours, all regions of the state will enjoy power without any interruptions in line with the chief minister’s directives.”

The chairman directed departmental officials to exercise utmost caution in this regard.

He also said all major buildings of the energy department, such as the Shakti Bhawan and SLDC building, had been illuminated.

Meanwhile, the entire district of Ayodhya will get uninterrupted power supply till January 24, the discom said.

As per the current roster, villages face load-shedding for six hours every day while agriculture feeders get power supply for only 10 hours. Tehsil headquarters and urban local bodies face official rostering for two-and-half hours.

MORE India ARTICLES

Punjab CM launches programme to redress grievances

Punjab CM launches programme to redress grievances
As many as 61 complainants listed their grievances before the Chief Minister during the 'Lok Milni'. He directed top officers present on the occasion to ensure immediate resolution of these complaints in a time-bound and result-oriented manner.

Punjab CM launches programme to redress grievances

Delhi building fire claims 16 lives, more casualties feared

Delhi building fire claims 16 lives, more casualties feared
As per visuals released from the spot, thick fumes of black smoke along with a massive blaze could be seen billowing out of the ill-fated three-storey building. The firemen used the fire truck ladder to reach out to the maximum possible height to spray water over the blaze.

Delhi building fire claims 16 lives, more casualties feared

Man held for duping over 100 women using matrimonial sites

Man held for duping over 100 women using matrimonial sites
A 35-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly duping over 100 women on the pretext of marriage, an official said here on Friday. The accused, who has been identified as Farhan Taseer Khan, is himself married and stayed in a rented accomodation in Delhi.

Man held for duping over 100 women using matrimonial sites

4 CBI officials dismissed for threatening to frame bizman in terror case

4 CBI officials dismissed for threatening to frame bizman in terror case
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Thursday dismissed its four Sub-Inspectors after placing them under arrest for demanding Rs 25 lakh bribe from a businessman in Chandigarh threatening him of implication in a terror case. The accused officials were identified as Sumit Gupta, Pardeep Rana, Ankur Kumar, Akash Ahlawat, all posted in Delhi office.

4 CBI officials dismissed for threatening to frame bizman in terror case

One more arrested in Jahangirpuri violence case

One more arrested in Jahangirpuri violence case
The latest arrestee, identified as Abdul alias Raja, was found involved in allegedly orchestrating violence and also provoking the crowd to resort to stone pelting during the Hanuman Jayanti procession.

One more arrested in Jahangirpuri violence case

Launch joint operations to nab drug mafia: Punjab CM

Launch joint operations to nab drug mafia: Punjab CM
Addressing a high-level meeting here, the Chief Minister categorically said in case any incident of drug supply comes to his notice from any part of the state, then the concerned Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) or the Commissioner of Police (CP) would be held solely accountable.

Launch joint operations to nab drug mafia: Punjab CM