Thursday, May 21, 2026
ADVT 
International

Air India Found To Be Using Boarding Passes With PM Modi's Photo Again

Darpan News Desk IANS, 29 Mar, 2019 10:34 PM

    On Friday evening, a passenger who took an Air India flight from Madurai tweeted a picture of his boarding pass having photos of PM Modi and Mr Rupani in an advertisement for the Vibrant Gujarat summit held in January.

     

    "Air India had issued notice on March 25 to all domestic stations to discontinue usage of boarding cards with Vibrant Gujarat Advertisement on reverse with immediate effect. Today's incident is apparently a human error. A show cause notice for this error has been iss

     

    ued to the airport manager of AI at Madurai," an airline spokesman said. "Today AI management has reiterated it

     
     
     
     

    On Monday, a picture of Air India boarding pass - which had photos of PM Modi and Mr Rupani on it - was tweeted by a passenger, triggering a major controversy. Consequently, the national carrier issued a statement that it "has decided to roll back" these boarding passes.

     

    On Wednesday, the Election Commission issued a show cause notice to the Railways and Civil Aviation ministries over the use of pictures of the Prime Minister on rail tickets and Air India boarding passes as prima facie it violated the model code of conduct.

     

    On March 20, tickets with photos of the Prime Minister were withdrawn by the railways after the Trinamool raised the issue with the poll body.

     

    The railways had said it was a third-party advertisement and leftover from a pack of tickets printed a year earlier was used. The national transporter also instructed its zones to withdraw the tickets.

     

    Last month, the Civil Aviation Ministry "requested" airlines flying on domestic routes to give their passengers a letter written by Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu that enlisted various "achievements and initiatives" of the Modi government in the aviation sector.

    MORE International ARTICLES

    Quebec Woman Pleads Guilty In Australian Cocaine Smuggling Case

    Quebec Woman Pleads Guilty In Australian Cocaine Smuggling Case
    MONTREAL — A 24-year-old woman who was one of three Quebecers in Australia charged with drug smuggling has pleaded guilty to importing cocaine in commercial quantities.

    Quebec Woman Pleads Guilty In Australian Cocaine Smuggling Case

    Trump Floats Two-Step Plan For Gun Control: More Guns, More Control

    Trump Floats Two-Step Plan For Gun Control: More Guns, More Control
    President Donald Trump is floating a unique two-step move on gun control. It involves both more guns and more controls. The additional guns would be inside schools.

    Trump Floats Two-Step Plan For Gun Control: More Guns, More Control

    Road Crash That Killed 8 Indians Was ‘Entirely Avoidable’, UK Court Told

    Road Crash That Killed 8 Indians Was ‘Entirely Avoidable’, UK Court Told
    One of Britain’s worst road accidents that claimed the lives of eight Indians last year was an “entirely avoidable” collision with the most “catastrophic” and tragic consequences, a UK court has been told.

    Road Crash That Killed 8 Indians Was ‘Entirely Avoidable’, UK Court Told

    Indian Origin Professor Gets $600000 Grant To Develop Lupus Cure

    Indian Origin Professor Gets $600000 Grant To Develop Lupus Cure
    Lupus is quite common among African-Americans and Hispanics in US, and also common in Asia

    Indian Origin Professor Gets $600000 Grant To Develop Lupus Cure

    Our Foreign Policy Very Clear, Supports 'Strong, United India': Canadian Foreign Minister

    Our Foreign Policy Very Clear, Supports 'Strong, United India': Canadian Foreign Minister
    Canadian Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland on Thursday said Canada “supports a strong and united India”, but made it clear that it is “very, very proud” of her country’s diverse society, which includes the Sikh community.

    Our Foreign Policy Very Clear, Supports 'Strong, United India': Canadian Foreign Minister

    Manslaughter Charge Laid After Death Of A Man Outside Delta’s Rose and Crown Pub

    Manslaughter Charge Laid After Death Of A Man Outside Delta’s Rose and Crown Pub
    DELTA, B.C. — A 20-year old man from Burnaby, B.C., has been charged with manslaughter in the death of another man in what police say was an altercation outside a pub.

    Manslaughter Charge Laid After Death Of A Man Outside Delta’s Rose and Crown Pub