Friday, February 20, 2026
ADVT 
International

Death penalty for killer in China

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 27 Dec, 2024 11:40 AM
  • Death penalty for killer in China

A man is China has been sentenced to death for killing 35 people last month by driving into a crowd.

When handing down the sentence, court heard the man was venting his anger because he was unhappy with his divorce settlement.

The attack was one of several in China in late October and November, prompting vows from local leaders to examine personal disputes that could trigger aggression, from marital troubles to disagreements over inheritance. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Sikh Priest In New Zealand Found Guilty of Sexually Abusing Children In Auckland Gurdwara Complex

The two victims were aged eight and 12 years old when Singh lured them, separately, into quiet rooms within a West Auckland gurdwara and groped their bottoms. The assaults happened in 2017.  

Sikh Priest In New Zealand Found Guilty of Sexually Abusing Children In Auckland Gurdwara Complex

Hindu Priest Attacked Near Temple In New York Days After Trump’s ‘Go Back’ Tweet

Top Indian diplomats in the US have expressed gratitude to the authorities for their support and quick action following the attack on a Hindu priest in the New York City borough of Queens.

Hindu Priest Attacked Near Temple In New York Days After Trump’s ‘Go Back’ Tweet

Indian-Origin Comedian Manjunath Naidu Dies On Stage In Dubai; Audience Thinks It's Part Of Act

The performer, originally from Chennai, passed away from a reported cardiac arrest on July 19 at the Signature Hotel. 

Indian-Origin Comedian Manjunath Naidu Dies On Stage In Dubai; Audience Thinks It's Part Of Act

Khalsa Aid’s Ravi Singh Apologises On Behalf Of The Sikh Community For 'Sikhs For Trump'

Ravi Singh of Khalsa Aid is apologising on the behalf of the Sikh community after photos of men in Sikhs for Trump community cropped up online. 

Khalsa Aid’s Ravi Singh Apologises On Behalf Of The Sikh Community For 'Sikhs For Trump'

Aid To Pak To Stay 'Suspended', Says US Report Ahead Of Imran Khan Visit

At the direction of US President Donald Trump, the United States had suspended all its security assistance to Pakistan in January 2018. This is first high-level visit by a Pakistani prime minster to the White House during the Trump administration.  

Aid To Pak To Stay 'Suspended', Says US Report Ahead Of Imran Khan Visit

Runaway Indian Boy Mohammed Pervez In Sharjah Returns Home

A 15-year-old Indian boy, who sneaked out of his home in Sharjah over two weeks ago after apparently being scolded by his mother, returned home to his family here on Friday.

Runaway Indian Boy Mohammed Pervez In Sharjah Returns Home