Friday, February 20, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Saudi-Based NRI Joins Hands With Super 30 To Help Talented Minority Students

Saudi-Based NRI Joins Hands With Super 30 To Help Talented Minority Students
Obaidur Rahman, a businessman who is also chairman of the Bihar foundation in Saudi Arabia, has formed an organization called Rahman 30, which will select 30 talented students from the minority community

Saudi-Based NRI Joins Hands With Super 30 To Help Talented Minority Students

Amarinder Singh Sanctions Rs 3.56 Lakh For Punjab Youth Stuck In Sharjah

Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh on Saturday sanctioned Rs 3,56,700 from the Chief Minister's Relief Fund, on humanitarian grounds, to facilitate the return of a Gurdaspur resident from a ship he is stuck in at Sharjah Port.

Amarinder Singh Sanctions Rs 3.56 Lakh For Punjab Youth Stuck In Sharjah

15-Year-Old Indian Girl Dies Of Heart Attack On Saudi Arabia Beach

15-Year-Old Indian Girl Dies Of Heart Attack On Saudi Arabia Beach
A 15-year-old Indian girl has died of a heart attack while playing at the popular Half Moon beach in Al-Khobar city of Saudi Arabia.

15-Year-Old Indian Girl Dies Of Heart Attack On Saudi Arabia Beach

PICS: PM Modi Begins 'Groundbreaking' Visit, Benjamin Netanyahu Says 'Historic'

PICS: PM Modi Begins 'Groundbreaking' Visit, Benjamin Netanyahu Says 'Historic'
A new fast-growing Israeli Chrysanthemum flower has been named after visiting Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi to honour him.

PICS: PM Modi Begins 'Groundbreaking' Visit, Benjamin Netanyahu Says 'Historic'

Former Indian-American Executives Charged With $4 Million Fraud Scheme

Former Indian-American Executives Charged With $4 Million Fraud Scheme
Two top Indian-American former executives of a Chicago-area information technology company have been charged by the US federal regulator in an accounting fraud scheme in which they misled investors and siphoned millions of dollars from the firm for their personal benefit. 

Former Indian-American Executives Charged With $4 Million Fraud Scheme

Pakistan Must Pay For Supporting Terrorism, Says U.S. Congressman

Pakistan Must Pay For Supporting Terrorism, Says U.S. Congressman
Pakistan knows it is supporting terrorism, as does the United States and Afghanistan, and therefore, must face the consequences, financial or otherwise for doing so, a member of the United States Congress has said.

Pakistan Must Pay For Supporting Terrorism, Says U.S. Congressman