Friday, February 20, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Trump Claims Obama 'Knew Of Election Meddling By Russia'

Trump Claims Obama 'Knew Of Election Meddling By Russia'
In a fresh salvo directed towards Barack Obama, incumbent U.S. President Donald Trump has claimed that the former president was aware of Russian meddling in the November 8 presidential elections, but did nothing about it.

Trump Claims Obama 'Knew Of Election Meddling By Russia'

'Red Carpet' Awaits PM Modi In US: Terror, Trade On Agenda, May Skip H1-B'

'Red Carpet' Awaits PM Modi In US: Terror, Trade On Agenda, May Skip H1-B'
Seeking to “roll out a red-carpet welcome” to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, US President Donald Trump would host him for a working dinner at the White House on Monday, the first of its kind under the administration. 

'Red Carpet' Awaits PM Modi In US: Terror, Trade On Agenda, May Skip H1-B'

Preet Bharara Writing Book On Integrity, Moral Reasoning

India-born former top US federal prosecutor Preet Bharara, fired by President Donald Trump after he refused to quit, is writing a book in which he will talk about "integrity, leadership, decision making and moral reasoning". 

Preet Bharara Writing Book On Integrity, Moral Reasoning

China Denies Entry To Kailash Mansarovar Yatris

China Denies Entry To Kailash Mansarovar Yatris
China has refused entry to around 50 Indian pilgrims who were scheduled to travel to Kailash Mansarovar through the Nathu-la pass in Sikkim, following which India has taken up the issue with Beijing.

China Denies Entry To Kailash Mansarovar Yatris

Canadian Armed Forces Member In Alberta Accused Of Luring Texas Girl

Canadian Armed Forces Member In Alberta Accused Of Luring Texas Girl
EDMONTON — A member of the Canadian Armed Forces in Alberta has been charged with child luring as well as with making and distributing child pornography.

Canadian Armed Forces Member In Alberta Accused Of Luring Texas Girl

Hindu Lawmaker Introduces Resolution In US Congress To Celebrate International Yoga Day

Hindu Lawmaker Introduces Resolution In US Congress To Celebrate International Yoga Day
The resolution, dated June 21, is co-sponsored by several other Indian-American lawmakers including Raja Krishnamoorthi and Pramila Jayapal. It has been referred to the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

Hindu Lawmaker Introduces Resolution In US Congress To Celebrate International Yoga Day