Friday, February 20, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Hindu Underage Girl ‘Forcibly Converted And Married Off' In Pakistan

Hindu Underage Girl ‘Forcibly Converted And Married Off' In Pakistan
Ravita Meghwar, 16, had allegedly been abducted by men from the Syed community of Wanharo village near Nagarparkar area of the district, on June 6th

Hindu Underage Girl ‘Forcibly Converted And Married Off' In Pakistan

Indian-Origin Teen Dies In Malaysia After Brutal Assault By Bullies, Mother Asks 'Why? Why? Why?'

Indian-Origin Teen Dies In Malaysia After Brutal Assault By Bullies, Mother Asks 'Why? Why? Why?'
Why must this happen to my son? What did he do to deserve this? Who am I going to scold? Who am I going to talk to? With whom am I going to share my sadness and happiness?

Indian-Origin Teen Dies In Malaysia After Brutal Assault By Bullies, Mother Asks 'Why? Why? Why?'

PICS: Gurunanak Darbar Gurudwara In UAE Holds Iftar For People Of All Religions

PICS: Gurunanak Darbar Gurudwara In UAE Holds Iftar For People Of All Religions
In a heart-warming gesture, a gurdwara here, the largest in the Gulf region, organised an Iftar where people of different religions and over 30 nationalities broke the Muslim fast together.

PICS: Gurunanak Darbar Gurudwara In UAE Holds Iftar For People Of All Religions

London Fire: Muslims Awake For Sehri In Ramzan Helped Save Many Lives

London Fire: Muslims Awake For Sehri In Ramzan Helped Save Many Lives
Muslim Residents Observing Ramadan Have Been Hailed As Heroes After They Helped Save Many Sleeping Neighbours From The Horrific Grenfell Tower Fire

London Fire: Muslims Awake For Sehri In Ramzan Helped Save Many Lives

Two Canadians Among Those Sought By U.S. Authorities Over Attack On Protesters

Two Canadians Among Those Sought By U.S. Authorities Over Attack On Protesters
WASHINGTON — Two Canadians are among more than a dozen people sought in connection with a violent attack on protesters during an official visit by Turkey's president in the U.S. capital last month.

Two Canadians Among Those Sought By U.S. Authorities Over Attack On Protesters

Canadian Soccer Star Cyle Larin Arrested For Drunk Driving In Florida

Canadian Soccer Star Cyle Larin Arrested For Drunk Driving In Florida
Canadian international Cyle Larin, a young MLS forward seen destined for European soccer glory, instead found himself in jail Thursday after being arrested on a drunk-driving charge.

Canadian Soccer Star Cyle Larin Arrested For Drunk Driving In Florida