Thursday, February 19, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Indian-Origin Tory Candidate Ameet Jogia Targeted By Racist Voter In UK

Indian-Origin Tory Candidate Ameet Jogia Targeted By Racist Voter In UK
ogia, who stood against Labour's Barry Gardiner in Brent North, was shocked when he came across the graffiti reading "Vote Labour Barry, not Jogia. Keep p*kis out of politics" in Wembley on June 8.

Indian-Origin Tory Candidate Ameet Jogia Targeted By Racist Voter In UK

PM Modi To Hold First Talks With Trump In Washington On June 26

PM Modi To Hold First Talks With Trump In Washington On June 26
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold talks with US President Donald Trump in Washington on June 26, the Ministry of External Affairs said on Monday, the first meeting between the leaders.

PM Modi To Hold First Talks With Trump In Washington On June 26

From 'Caliph' To Fugitive: Is Leader Baghdadi's New Life On The Run

From 'Caliph' To Fugitive: Is Leader Baghdadi's New Life On The Run
Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is on the brink of losing the two main centres of his ‘caliphate’ but even though he is on the run, it may take years to capture or kill him, officials and experts said.

From 'Caliph' To Fugitive: Is Leader Baghdadi's New Life On The Run

Princess Diana Tried To Slash Wrists Weeks After Her Wedding

Princess Diana Tried To Slash Wrists Weeks After Her Wedding
Diana was so unhappy in the few weeks after her fairy tale wedding with Prince Charles that she tried to slash her wrists, according to the transcripts of secret tapes of the popular Princess.

Princess Diana Tried To Slash Wrists Weeks After Her Wedding

There's Evidence To Open Case Against Trump: Preet Bharara

There's Evidence To Open Case Against Trump: Preet Bharara
Indian-American prosecutor Preet Bharara who was fired by Donald Trump's administration in March, has said that said there were "absolute evidence" to begin a case for obstruction of justice against the President, the media reported.

There's Evidence To Open Case Against Trump: Preet Bharara

12-Year-Old Aaryan Balaji, Youngest Mountaineer To Cross Three Passes In Nepal's Solukhumbhu Region

12-Year-Old Aaryan Balaji, Youngest Mountaineer To Cross Three Passes In Nepal's Solukhumbhu Region
Aaryan already has recorded his name in Mount Everest history by trekking all the way to the mountain's Southern Base Camp in Nepal situated at an altitude of 5364 metres in May 2012. He is also the youngest to climb Mt Kalapattar (5554 mtrs) on May 15, 2012.

12-Year-Old Aaryan Balaji, Youngest Mountaineer To Cross Three Passes In Nepal's Solukhumbhu Region