Thursday, February 19, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Indo-Pak Tensions Surface In UK Election Campaign

Indo-Pak Tensions Surface In UK Election Campaign
Indian-origin MPs, Virendra Sharma, was caught on camera at a multi-faith meeting in London saying that "Pakistan is not harbouring terrorist groups or sponsoring terrorism".

Indo-Pak Tensions Surface In UK Election Campaign

Manchester Attack: Local Gurdwaras Offer Shelter To Blast Victims

Manchester Attack: Local Gurdwaras Offer Shelter To Blast Victims
Gurdwaras in Manchester offered shelter to those affected and stranded by Tuesday’s deadly Manchester Arena blast.

Manchester Attack: Local Gurdwaras Offer Shelter To Blast Victims

Indian-Origin Cornell University Student Aalaap Narasipura Found Dead In United States

Indian-Origin Cornell University Student Aalaap Narasipura Found Dead In United States
Aalaap Narasipura, a senior electrical engineering student at Cornell's College of Engineering was reported missing since Wednesday.  

Indian-Origin Cornell University Student Aalaap Narasipura Found Dead In United States

58-Year-Old Indian Detained By Immigration Authorities At Atlanta Airport Dies In Custody

58-Year-Old Indian Detained By Immigration Authorities At Atlanta Airport Dies In Custody
An Indian man who came to the US from Latin America without proper documents has died while in federal custody in Atlanta, in Georgia state, according to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency.

58-Year-Old Indian Detained By Immigration Authorities At Atlanta Airport Dies In Custody

Indian-American Navin Shankar Subramaniam Xavier Jailed For USD 33 Million Fraud In United States

Indian-American Navin Shankar Subramaniam Xavier Jailed For USD 33 Million Fraud In United States
Navin Shankar Subramaniam Xavier, a resident of Florida, was the former Chief Executive Officer of Essex Holdings, the company through which he carried out two fraud schemes.

Indian-American Navin Shankar Subramaniam Xavier Jailed For USD 33 Million Fraud In United States

Canadian Injured In Times Square Car Attack In 'Very Critical' Condition: Police

Canadian Injured In Times Square Car Attack In 'Very Critical' Condition: Police
New York City police say a Canadian woman remains in very critical condition a day after a speeding car slammed into pedestrians in Times Square in what authorities said was a deliberate attack.

Canadian Injured In Times Square Car Attack In 'Very Critical' Condition: Police