Thursday, February 19, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

28-Year-Old Indian National Pleads Guilty To Call Centres Scam In Us

28-Year-Old Indian National Pleads Guilty To Call Centres Scam In Us
Bharat Kumar Patel, 43, previously pleaded guilty for his role in the fraud and money laundering scheme.

28-Year-Old Indian National Pleads Guilty To Call Centres Scam In Us

Dutch Court Rules 12-Year-Old Boy Can Refuse Chemotherapy

Dutch Court Rules 12-Year-Old Boy Can Refuse Chemotherapy
THE HAGUE, Netherlands — A judge in the Netherlands has ruled that a 12-year-old boy does not have to undergo chemotherapy if he does not want it.

Dutch Court Rules 12-Year-Old Boy Can Refuse Chemotherapy

Michelle Obama Criticizes Trump School Lunch Decision

WASHINGTON — Former first lady Michelle Obama is criticizing a Trump administration decision to delay federal rules aimed at making school lunches healthier.

Michelle Obama Criticizes Trump School Lunch Decision

Ten Indian-Origin MPs Set For Tough Fight In UK General Election

Ten Indian-Origin MPs Set For Tough Fight In UK General Election
Ten Indian-origin MPs who made it to the House of Commons in the last UK general elections are set for a tough fight in the June 8 polls as Britain's major political parties finalised their list of prospective candidates.

Ten Indian-Origin MPs Set For Tough Fight In UK General Election

World Cyberattack Cripples UK Hospitals, Demands Ransoms

World Cyberattack Cripples UK Hospitals, Demands Ransoms
LONDON — Britain's health service was hit Friday by a huge international cyberattack that froze computers at hospitals across the country — an attack that shut down wards, closed emergency rooms and brought medical treatments to a screeching halt.

World Cyberattack Cripples UK Hospitals, Demands Ransoms

Scorpion On Plane Delays Flight For Hours For Second Time In A Month. Yes, It Is United Again

Scorpion On Plane Delays Flight For Hours For Second Time In A Month. Yes, It Is United Again
Flight 1035 was set to fly from Houston in the US to Quito, Ecuador last night. The plane had left the gate at George Bush Intercontinental Airport when the arachnid appeared.

Scorpion On Plane Delays Flight For Hours For Second Time In A Month. Yes, It Is United Again