Thursday, February 19, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Dawn Leaks: Sharif Sacks Aide After News Leak Scandal, Army Rejects Move Calls Action 'Incomplete'

Dawn Leaks: Sharif Sacks Aide After News Leak Scandal, Army Rejects Move Calls Action 'Incomplete'
Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Saturday approved the sacking of his Special Assistant on Foreign Affairs Tariq Fatemi due to his alleged role in "Dawn leaks", but the countrys army rejected the directives as "incomplete".

Dawn Leaks: Sharif Sacks Aide After News Leak Scandal, Army Rejects Move Calls Action 'Incomplete'

Police Arrest Another Nabha Jail Break Accused Sulakhan Singh

Police Arrest Another Nabha Jail Break Accused Sulakhan Singh
Sulakhan Singh alias Babbar Sultan was arrested from Nawanshahr bus stand at around 10.30 am

Police Arrest Another Nabha Jail Break Accused Sulakhan Singh

56-Year-Old Indian Man Khandu Patel Killed In Crossfire Outside US Motel

56-Year-Old Indian Man Khandu Patel Killed In Crossfire Outside US Motel
30 shots went off. Investigators say one of those bullets hit Mr Patel. He was standing at the back of the motel when he was shot and later died at the Regional Medical Center

56-Year-Old Indian Man Khandu Patel Killed In Crossfire Outside US Motel

South Africa: Indian-Origin Man Strangles 7-yr-Old Son To Death In Front Of 4-Year-Old Daughter

An Indian-origin man has been arrested in South Africa for allegedly strangling his seven-year-old son to death while his four-year-old daughter watched in horror.

South Africa: Indian-Origin Man Strangles 7-yr-Old Son To Death In Front Of 4-Year-Old Daughter

She Survives Rape, Now She Has To Fight Her School's Wrath

She Survives Rape, Now She Has To Fight Her School's Wrath
The girl's parents have alleged that the private school denied admission to their child saying it will bring a "bad name" to it.

She Survives Rape, Now She Has To Fight Her School's Wrath

Trump Failed In His First 100 Days: Indian-American Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal

Trump Failed In His First 100 Days: Indian-American Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal
Indian-American Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal has said that US President Donald Trump has failed to keep his poll promises since he took office in January.

Trump Failed In His First 100 Days: Indian-American Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal