Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

A Look Into 'Hate Crimes' Against Indians In US Since Donald Trump Came To Power

A Look Into 'Hate Crimes' Against Indians In US Since Donald Trump Came To Power
Ever since billionaire business mogul Donald Trump took oath as the 45th President of the United States, there have been a number of violent incidents reported against Indian nationals in the country. 

A Look Into 'Hate Crimes' Against Indians In US Since Donald Trump Came To Power

Tysen Benz, 11-Year-Old Michigan Boy, Hangs Himself After Girlfriend Fakes Suicide

Tysen Benz, 11-Year-Old Michigan Boy, Hangs Himself After Girlfriend Fakes Suicide
Tysen Benz was at home when he saw social media posts indicating that his 13-year-old girlfriend had committed suicide. The posts were a prank, but the 11-year-old boy apparently believed them.

Tysen Benz, 11-Year-Old Michigan Boy, Hangs Himself After Girlfriend Fakes Suicide

British-Indian Educationist Asha Khemka Named 'Asian Businesswoman Of The Year'

British-Indian Educationist Asha Khemka Named 'Asian Businesswoman Of The Year'
Khemka was honoured with one of the UK’s top civilian awards - Dame, the female equivalent of knighthood – in 2014 and has since won several accolades for her work in education in Nottingham.

British-Indian Educationist Asha Khemka Named 'Asian Businesswoman Of The Year'

First Hindu Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard Slams Trump's Syria Strikes

The first Hindu elected to the Congress, Hawaiian Democrat Tulsi Gabbard, slammed President Donald Trump's decision to strike against Syria as reckless, the media reported.

First Hindu Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard Slams Trump's Syria Strikes

My Firing By Trump Was Deliberate Decision: Preet Bharara

Bharara made his first public appearance on Thursday since being unceremoniously removed by Trump last month as US Attorney for the Southern District of New York.

My Firing By Trump Was Deliberate Decision: Preet Bharara

In Possible Hate Crime, 26-Yr-Old Indian Man Shot Dead By Armed Robbers In US

In Possible Hate Crime, 26-Yr-Old Indian Man Shot Dead By Armed Robbers In US
A 26-year-old Indian man has been shot dead allegedly by two masked armed robbers at a convenience store of a gas station in the US’ Washington state, his family said on Friday.

In Possible Hate Crime, 26-Yr-Old Indian Man Shot Dead By Armed Robbers In US