Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

'Indian-American Harmeet Dhillon In Running For Key Justice Department Post'

A prominent Indian-American woman attorney is in the running for leading the civil rights division of the US Department of Justice, a media report said.

'Indian-American Harmeet Dhillon In Running For Key Justice Department Post'

I Was Tortured Beyond Limits: Pakistani Blogger Ahmad Waqass Goraya

I Was Tortured Beyond Limits: Pakistani Blogger Ahmad Waqass Goraya
Five bloggers and activists, including university professor Salman Haider, disappeared from various parts of Pakistan.

I Was Tortured Beyond Limits: Pakistani Blogger Ahmad Waqass Goraya

16 Indians Charged For Credit-Card Fraud In US

16 Indians Charged For Credit-Card Fraud In US
As many as 16 Indian-origin people, including a woman, in the US have been charged for their alleged role in a massive stolen credit card and identity theft operation resulting in losses of over US$ 3.5 million to individuals, financial institutions and retail businesses.

16 Indians Charged For Credit-Card Fraud In US

39-Year-Old Sikh Man Deep Rai Was Targeted Because Of His Ethnic Origin: Police

39-Year-Old Sikh Man Deep Rai Was Targeted Because Of His Ethnic Origin: Police
US national Deep Rai, 39, was working on his vehicle outside his home in Kent on March 3 when he was approached by a stranger, who first argued with Rai, and then shot him in the arm.

39-Year-Old Sikh Man Deep Rai Was Targeted Because Of His Ethnic Origin: Police

ISRO's 'Lost' Chandrayaan-1 Spotted Orbiting Moon By NASA Scientists

ISRO's 'Lost' Chandrayaan-1 Spotted Orbiting Moon By NASA Scientists
India’s first lunar probe — the Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft — which was considered lost, is still orbiting the Moon, NASA scientists have found by using a new ground-based radar technique.

ISRO's 'Lost' Chandrayaan-1 Spotted Orbiting Moon By NASA Scientists

President Donald Trump Nominates Ajit Pai For 2nd Term At Federal Communications Commission

President Donald Trump Nominates Ajit Pai For 2nd Term At Federal Communications Commission
US President Donald Trump has nominated Indian-American Ajit Pai to serve another term at the Federal Communications Commission.

President Donald Trump Nominates Ajit Pai For 2nd Term At Federal Communications Commission