Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Trump Impact? China Tests Missile With 10 Nuclear Warheads: Report

Trump Impact? China Tests Missile With 10 Nuclear Warheads: Report
China Carried Out Flight Test Of The Df-5c Missile Last Month Using 10 Separate Nuclear Warheads

Trump Impact? China Tests Missile With 10 Nuclear Warheads: Report

Three Nova Scotia Fishermen Charged After Video Posted Showing Abuse Of Seal

Three Nova Scotia Fishermen Charged After Video Posted Showing Abuse Of Seal
YARMOUTH, N.S. — Three Nova Scotia fishermen face charges for the alleged mistreatment of a seal that was caught on video and posted to social media, says the federal Department of Fisheries and Oceans.

Three Nova Scotia Fishermen Charged After Video Posted Showing Abuse Of Seal

Manitoba Man Who Had Heart Attack Stuck With Big Bill For Treatment In U.S.

Manitoba Man Who Had Heart Attack Stuck With Big Bill For Treatment In U.S.
WINNIPEG — A Manitoba man who received emergency medical treatment south of the border is going to be stuck paying the hefty bill on his own.

Manitoba Man Who Had Heart Attack Stuck With Big Bill For Treatment In U.S.

Trump Blasts Australia PM Malcolm Turnbull Over Refugee Deal In 'Worst' Phone Call

Trump Blasts Australia PM Malcolm Turnbull Over Refugee Deal In 'Worst' Phone Call
US President Donald Trump has sparked a fresh diplomatic row -- this time with Australia -- by branding a refugee deal with the country as "dumb", days after holding a heated conversation with Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull.

Trump Blasts Australia PM Malcolm Turnbull Over Refugee Deal In 'Worst' Phone Call

After Trump's Ban Orders, Hijab-Clad Woman Harassed In US, Asked For 'Green Card'

After Trump's Ban Orders, Hijab-Clad Woman Harassed In US, Asked For 'Green Card'
Asma Elhuni, 39, noticed the man, news outlets believe to be Rob Koehler, walk into Joe's Coffee Shop and start taking pictures of her as she worked on her laptop.

After Trump's Ban Orders, Hijab-Clad Woman Harassed In US, Asked For 'Green Card'

Quebec Court Certifies Class Action Lawsuit Against Air Canada On Ticket Glitch

The airline's website had offered a package of 10 flights within Western Canada for a total cost of $800 before taxes.

Quebec Court Certifies Class Action Lawsuit Against Air Canada On Ticket Glitch