Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Nikki Haley Believes United Nation Does More Harm Than Good

Nikki Haley Believes United Nation Does More Harm Than Good
Indian-American Nikki Haley, tapped by US President-elect Donald Trump to be UN ambassador, believes that the world body is doing "more harm than good" as she is expected to push for reconsideration of America's whopping funding.

Nikki Haley Believes United Nation Does More Harm Than Good

Donald Trump Meets Indian American Ajit Pai

Donald Trump Meets Indian American Ajit Pai
US president-elect Donald Trump met Indian-American Ajit Pai, commissioner of the Federal Communications Commission, fuelling speculation about his role in the incoming administration.

Donald Trump Meets Indian American Ajit Pai

IMF Chief Christine Lagarde Cites Indian Examples Of Tech Helping Women

IMF Chief Christine Lagarde Cites Indian Examples Of Tech Helping Women
Lagarde said we have been talking about closing gender gap for so many years but things have not been moving forward fast enough.

IMF Chief Christine Lagarde Cites Indian Examples Of Tech Helping Women

Proposal To Blacklist Jaish Chief Masood Azhar Should Be Reintroduced At UN: France

Proposal To Blacklist Jaish Chief Masood Azhar Should Be Reintroduced At UN: France
Throwing its weight behind India, France on Wednesday said it will ensure that the proposal to designate Pakistan-based JeM Chief Masood Azhar a global terrorist is "reintroduced" at the Sanctions Committee of the UN Security Council. 

Proposal To Blacklist Jaish Chief Masood Azhar Should Be Reintroduced At UN: France

Barack Obama Thanks PM Narendra Modi For Strengthening Indo-US Ties

Barack Obama Thanks PM Narendra Modi For Strengthening Indo-US Ties
Outgoing US President Barack Obama telephoned Prime Minister Narendra Modi to thank him for his partnership that enhanced the relations between India and America, the White House has said.

Barack Obama Thanks PM Narendra Modi For Strengthening Indo-US Ties

Obama Appoints 2 Indian-Americans To Senior Administration Posts

Obama Appoints 2 Indian-Americans To Senior Administration Posts
With only hours to go until he leaves the White House, President Barack Obama appointed two Indian-Americans to key administration positions.

Obama Appoints 2 Indian-Americans To Senior Administration Posts