Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Delhi Woman Allegedly Murders Her Sister For Taking Interest In Boyfriend

Delhi Woman Allegedly Murders Her Sister For Taking Interest In Boyfriend
A 21-year-old woman has been arrested for allegedly murdering her elder sister in northeast Delhi's Shastri Park area for showing interest in the former's boyfriend, police said on Monday.

Delhi Woman Allegedly Murders Her Sister For Taking Interest In Boyfriend

US Man Throws Hot Coffee Over Muslim Woman, Calls Her Terrorist

US Man Throws Hot Coffee Over Muslim Woman, Calls Her Terrorist
A homeless man at a Dunkin Donuts store in US threw hot coffee in the face of a Muslim woman, called her a terrorist and assaulted her on Monday, police said.

US Man Throws Hot Coffee Over Muslim Woman, Calls Her Terrorist

Canada Asks Taliban To Free Couple Held For 4 Years In Afghanistan

Canada Asks Taliban To Free Couple Held For 4 Years In Afghanistan
Canada called Monday for the unconditional release of a Canadian man and his American wife after a new video appeared to show them begging their governments to intervene on their behalf with their Afghan captors.

Canada Asks Taliban To Free Couple Held For 4 Years In Afghanistan

Islamic State Claims Responsibility For Jordan Attack That Killed Canadian

Islamic State Claims Responsibility For Jordan Attack That Killed Canadian
AMMAN, Jordan — The extremist Islamic State group claimed responsibility Tuesday for a series of shooting attacks on police and tourists in Jordan that killed 10 people, including a woman from Canada.

Islamic State Claims Responsibility For Jordan Attack That Killed Canadian

Raheel Sharif Helped Me Leave Pakistan, Says Pervez Musharraf

Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf has said Pakistan army's ex- chief General Raheel Sharif's intervention helped him in exiting Pakistan, indicating the powerful influence wielded by the military in the country's affairs.

Raheel Sharif Helped Me Leave Pakistan, Says Pervez Musharraf

ISIS Offers $1 Million For Head Of Kurdish Woman Who Fought Them In Syria, Iraq

ISIS Offers $1 Million For Head Of Kurdish Woman Who Fought Them In Syria, Iraq
ISIS has offered a $1 million reward for the killing of a Kurdish-Danish woman who dropped out of university in 2014 to fight the terror group in Syria and Iraq. 

ISIS Offers $1 Million For Head Of Kurdish Woman Who Fought Them In Syria, Iraq